Mar 23, 2014, 9:34 PM EST
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here
Only a couple hours after having its season come to an end with a 78-76 loss to No. 8 Kentucky, it was reported that No. 1 Wichita State will have a vacancy to fill on the coaching staff. As first reported by Pete Thamel of Sports Illustrated, Wichita State associate head coach Chris Jans will be named the new head coach at Bowling Green.
Jans, who was a highly successful coach at the junior college level, has been an assistant at both Illinois State and Wichita State. He replaces Louis Orr. Orr was relieved of his duties in early March after six seasons on the job, posting a record of 101-120 during his tenure at the MAC school.
Bowling Green finished the 2013-14 season with a 12-10 record, going 6-12 in MAC play and losing to Northern Illinois in the first round of the MAC tournament. Bowling Green’s top four scorers from this past season, led by junior guard Jehvon Clarke and sophomore forward Spencer Parker, all have eligibility remaining.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 9
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 15
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (17)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)