Mar 23, 2014, 9:34 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here
Only a couple hours after having its season come to an end with a 78-76 loss to No. 8 Kentucky, it was reported that No. 1 Wichita State will have a vacancy to fill on the coaching staff. As first reported by Pete Thamel of Sports Illustrated, Wichita State associate head coach Chris Jans will be named the new head coach at Bowling Green.
Jans, who was a highly successful coach at the junior college level, has been an assistant at both Illinois State and Wichita State. He replaces Louis Orr. Orr was relieved of his duties in early March after six seasons on the job, posting a record of 101-120 during his tenure at the MAC school.
Bowling Green finished the 2013-14 season with a 12-10 record, going 6-12 in MAC play and losing to Northern Illinois in the first round of the MAC tournament. Bowling Green’s top four scorers from this past season, led by junior guard Jehvon Clarke and sophomore forward Spencer Parker, all have eligibility remaining.
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)