Mar 23, 2014, 9:34 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here
Only a couple hours after having its season come to an end with a 78-76 loss to No. 8 Kentucky, it was reported that No. 1 Wichita State will have a vacancy to fill on the coaching staff. As first reported by Pete Thamel of Sports Illustrated, Wichita State associate head coach Chris Jans will be named the new head coach at Bowling Green.
Jans, who was a highly successful coach at the junior college level, has been an assistant at both Illinois State and Wichita State. He replaces Louis Orr. Orr was relieved of his duties in early March after six seasons on the job, posting a record of 101-120 during his tenure at the MAC school.
Bowling Green finished the 2013-14 season with a 12-10 record, going 6-12 in MAC play and losing to Northern Illinois in the first round of the MAC tournament. Bowling Green’s top four scorers from this past season, led by junior guard Jehvon Clarke and sophomore forward Spencer Parker, all have eligibility remaining.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)