Mar 23, 2014, 9:34 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here
Only a couple hours after having its season come to an end with a 78-76 loss to No. 8 Kentucky, it was reported that No. 1 Wichita State will have a vacancy to fill on the coaching staff. As first reported by Pete Thamel of Sports Illustrated, Wichita State associate head coach Chris Jans will be named the new head coach at Bowling Green.
Jans, who was a highly successful coach at the junior college level, has been an assistant at both Illinois State and Wichita State. He replaces Louis Orr. Orr was relieved of his duties in early March after six seasons on the job, posting a record of 101-120 during his tenure at the MAC school.
Bowling Green finished the 2013-14 season with a 12-10 record, going 6-12 in MAC play and losing to Northern Illinois in the first round of the MAC tournament. Bowling Green’s top four scorers from this past season, led by junior guard Jehvon Clarke and sophomore forward Spencer Parker, all have eligibility remaining.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)