Mar 23, 2014, 9:34 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here
Only a couple hours after having its season come to an end with a 78-76 loss to No. 8 Kentucky, it was reported that No. 1 Wichita State will have a vacancy to fill on the coaching staff. As first reported by Pete Thamel of Sports Illustrated, Wichita State associate head coach Chris Jans will be named the new head coach at Bowling Green.
Jans, who was a highly successful coach at the junior college level, has been an assistant at both Illinois State and Wichita State. He replaces Louis Orr. Orr was relieved of his duties in early March after six seasons on the job, posting a record of 101-120 during his tenure at the MAC school.
Bowling Green finished the 2013-14 season with a 12-10 record, going 6-12 in MAC play and losing to Northern Illinois in the first round of the MAC tournament. Bowling Green’s top four scorers from this past season, led by junior guard Jehvon Clarke and sophomore forward Spencer Parker, all have eligibility remaining.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)