Mar 23, 2014, 9:21 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Nebraska head coach Tim Miles’ coaching tree got bigger on Sunday, as South Dakota has hired Nebraska assistant coach Craig Smith.
The news was first reported by Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com.
Smith has been on Miles staff for seven years, having worked five seasons at Colorado State before making the jump with Miles to Nebraska. He was also a graduate assistant for Miles at Mayville State (NAIA) and was the director of basketball operations under Miles at North Dakota State.
Prior to arriving at Colorado State, Smith was named NAIA National Coach of the Year at Mayville State.
South Dakota went 12-18 this past season, opting not to retain Joey James, who was the interim coach for one season after Dave Boots and the program parted ways.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)