Mar 23, 2014, 9:21 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Nebraska head coach Tim Miles’ coaching tree got bigger on Sunday, as South Dakota has hired Nebraska assistant coach Craig Smith.
The news was first reported by Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com.
Smith has been on Miles staff for seven years, having worked five seasons at Colorado State before making the jump with Miles to Nebraska. He was also a graduate assistant for Miles at Mayville State (NAIA) and was the director of basketball operations under Miles at North Dakota State.
Prior to arriving at Colorado State, Smith was named NAIA National Coach of the Year at Mayville State.
South Dakota went 12-18 this past season, opting not to retain Joey James, who was the interim coach for one season after Dave Boots and the program parted ways.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)