Mar 23, 2014, 9:21 PM EST
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Nebraska head coach Tim Miles’ coaching tree got bigger on Sunday, as South Dakota has hired Nebraska assistant coach Craig Smith.
The news was first reported by Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com.
Smith has been on Miles staff for seven years, having worked five seasons at Colorado State before making the jump with Miles to Nebraska. He was also a graduate assistant for Miles at Mayville State (NAIA) and was the director of basketball operations under Miles at North Dakota State.
Prior to arriving at Colorado State, Smith was named NAIA National Coach of the Year at Mayville State.
South Dakota went 12-18 this past season, opting not to retain Joey James, who was the interim coach for one season after Dave Boots and the program parted ways.
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)