Mar 23, 2014, 9:21 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Nebraska head coach Tim Miles’ coaching tree got bigger on Sunday, as South Dakota has hired Nebraska assistant coach Craig Smith.
The news was first reported by Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com.
Smith has been on Miles staff for seven years, having worked five seasons at Colorado State before making the jump with Miles to Nebraska. He was also a graduate assistant for Miles at Mayville State (NAIA) and was the director of basketball operations under Miles at North Dakota State.
Prior to arriving at Colorado State, Smith was named NAIA National Coach of the Year at Mayville State.
South Dakota went 12-18 this past season, opting not to retain Joey James, who was the interim coach for one season after Dave Boots and the program parted ways.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)