Mar 23, 2014, 9:21 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Nebraska head coach Tim Miles’ coaching tree got bigger on Sunday, as South Dakota has hired Nebraska assistant coach Craig Smith.
The news was first reported by Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com.
Smith has been on Miles staff for seven years, having worked five seasons at Colorado State before making the jump with Miles to Nebraska. He was also a graduate assistant for Miles at Mayville State (NAIA) and was the director of basketball operations under Miles at North Dakota State.
Prior to arriving at Colorado State, Smith was named NAIA National Coach of the Year at Mayville State.
South Dakota went 12-18 this past season, opting not to retain Joey James, who was the interim coach for one season after Dave Boots and the program parted ways.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1