Mar 23, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
After Williams took the lead with 4.9 seconds left on a tip-in, Quardell Young took the inbounds pass with and went coast-to-coast, finishing a layup between all five Williams defenders while drawing a foul with just 0.9 seconds left on the clock.
He would hit the free throw, and a heave at the buzzer was well of the mark as UW-Whitewater knocked off the Ephs, 75-73, to win the Division III national title.
It was the second national title in three years for the Warhawks, who finished second in the loaded WIAC this season. Young finished with 13 points and five assists while K.J. Evans led the way with 22 points.
- Two-time plane crash survivor Austin Hatch scores first career point in Michigan win (VIDEO) 0
- Late Night Snacks: Temple blows out Kansas, Purdue loses to Gardner-Webb 0
- Temple embarrasses No. 10 Kansas by 25 points 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Illinois Fighting Illini 0
- NBCSports.com Midseason All-American Team 0
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville 2
- Tracking The Unbeatens: The showdown between Kentucky, Louisville looms 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (3)