Mar 23, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
After Williams took the lead with 4.9 seconds left on a tip-in, Quardell Young took the inbounds pass with and went coast-to-coast, finishing a layup between all five Williams defenders while drawing a foul with just 0.9 seconds left on the clock.
He would hit the free throw, and a heave at the buzzer was well of the mark as UW-Whitewater knocked off the Ephs, 75-73, to win the Division III national title.
It was the second national title in three years for the Warhawks, who finished second in the loaded WIAC this season. Young finished with 13 points and five assists while K.J. Evans led the way with 22 points.
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 2
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 0
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 3
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (3)