Mar 23, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
After Williams took the lead with 4.9 seconds left on a tip-in, Quardell Young took the inbounds pass with and went coast-to-coast, finishing a layup between all five Williams defenders while drawing a foul with just 0.9 seconds left on the clock.
He would hit the free throw, and a heave at the buzzer was well of the mark as UW-Whitewater knocked off the Ephs, 75-73, to win the Division III national title.
It was the second national title in three years for the Warhawks, who finished second in the loaded WIAC this season. Young finished with 13 points and five assists while K.J. Evans led the way with 22 points.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)