Mar 23, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
After Williams took the lead with 4.9 seconds left on a tip-in, Quardell Young took the inbounds pass with and went coast-to-coast, finishing a layup between all five Williams defenders while drawing a foul with just 0.9 seconds left on the clock.
He would hit the free throw, and a heave at the buzzer was well of the mark as UW-Whitewater knocked off the Ephs, 75-73, to win the Division III national title.
It was the second national title in three years for the Warhawks, who finished second in the loaded WIAC this season. Young finished with 13 points and five assists while K.J. Evans led the way with 22 points.
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 0
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 1
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)