Mar 24, 2014, 12:06 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Dayton reached the Sweet 16 as a No. 11 seed on Saturday.
On Monday morning, the school announced that they have signed head coach Archie Miller to a contract extension.
With the coaching carousel in full swing, Miller had become a hot commodity with openings at Marquette and Wake Forest, both of which are really good coaching gigs. But instead of jumping ship, Miller made it known that he would not be leaving the school before the team even packed to make their trip to Memphis for their Sweet 16 games against No. 10 Stanford.
The new deal locks Miller up until the 2018-2019 season. He’s been head coach at the program since the 2011-2012 season and has amassed a 62-37 record in three years. After beating No. 6 Ohio State and No. 3 Syracuse as an at-large bid, the Flyers are 25-10 this year.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)