Mar 24, 2014, 12:06 PM EST
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Dayton reached the Sweet 16 as a No. 11 seed on Saturday.
On Monday morning, the school announced that they have signed head coach Archie Miller to a contract extension.
With the coaching carousel in full swing, Miller had become a hot commodity with openings at Marquette and Wake Forest, both of which are really good coaching gigs. But instead of jumping ship, Miller made it known that he would not be leaving the school before the team even packed to make their trip to Memphis for their Sweet 16 games against No. 10 Stanford.
The new deal locks Miller up until the 2018-2019 season. He’s been head coach at the program since the 2011-2012 season and has amassed a 62-37 record in three years. After beating No. 6 Ohio State and No. 3 Syracuse as an at-large bid, the Flyers are 25-10 this year.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)