Mar 24, 2014, 12:06 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Dayton reached the Sweet 16 as a No. 11 seed on Saturday.
On Monday morning, the school announced that they have signed head coach Archie Miller to a contract extension.
With the coaching carousel in full swing, Miller had become a hot commodity with openings at Marquette and Wake Forest, both of which are really good coaching gigs. But instead of jumping ship, Miller made it known that he would not be leaving the school before the team even packed to make their trip to Memphis for their Sweet 16 games against No. 10 Stanford.
The new deal locks Miller up until the 2018-2019 season. He’s been head coach at the program since the 2011-2012 season and has amassed a 62-37 record in three years. After beating No. 6 Ohio State and No. 3 Syracuse as an at-large bid, the Flyers are 25-10 this year.
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)