Mar 24, 2014, 12:06 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Dayton reached the Sweet 16 as a No. 11 seed on Saturday.
On Monday morning, the school announced that they have signed head coach Archie Miller to a contract extension.
With the coaching carousel in full swing, Miller had become a hot commodity with openings at Marquette and Wake Forest, both of which are really good coaching gigs. But instead of jumping ship, Miller made it known that he would not be leaving the school before the team even packed to make their trip to Memphis for their Sweet 16 games against No. 10 Stanford.
The new deal locks Miller up until the 2018-2019 season. He’s been head coach at the program since the 2011-2012 season and has amassed a 62-37 record in three years. After beating No. 6 Ohio State and No. 3 Syracuse as an at-large bid, the Flyers are 25-10 this year.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)