Mar 24, 2014, 12:06 PM EST
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Dayton reached the Sweet 16 as a No. 11 seed on Saturday.
On Monday morning, the school announced that they have signed head coach Archie Miller to a contract extension.
With the coaching carousel in full swing, Miller had become a hot commodity with openings at Marquette and Wake Forest, both of which are really good coaching gigs. But instead of jumping ship, Miller made it known that he would not be leaving the school before the team even packed to make their trip to Memphis for their Sweet 16 games against No. 10 Stanford.
The new deal locks Miller up until the 2018-2019 season. He’s been head coach at the program since the 2011-2012 season and has amassed a 62-37 record in three years. After beating No. 6 Ohio State and No. 3 Syracuse as an at-large bid, the Flyers are 25-10 this year.
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 1
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)