Mar 24, 2014, 12:06 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Dayton reached the Sweet 16 as a No. 11 seed on Saturday.
On Monday morning, the school announced that they have signed head coach Archie Miller to a contract extension.
With the coaching carousel in full swing, Miller had become a hot commodity with openings at Marquette and Wake Forest, both of which are really good coaching gigs. But instead of jumping ship, Miller made it known that he would not be leaving the school before the team even packed to make their trip to Memphis for their Sweet 16 games against No. 10 Stanford.
The new deal locks Miller up until the 2018-2019 season. He’s been head coach at the program since the 2011-2012 season and has amassed a 62-37 record in three years. After beating No. 6 Ohio State and No. 3 Syracuse as an at-large bid, the Flyers are 25-10 this year.
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 2
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 2
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Born without a right hand, Omar Ndiaye looking for his chance 0
- Illinois starting point guard suffers season-ending knee injury 1
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Report: Providence legend Marvin ‘Bad News’ Barnes passes away (2)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)