Mar 24, 2014, 3:48 PM EDT
It didn’t take long for the roster turnover at Indiana to start.
Late Sunday night, it was star freshman Noah Vonleh announcing that he would be heading off to the NBA. On Monday afternoon, it was Austin Etherington and Jeremy Hollowell announcing that they would be transferring out of the program.
Etherington was a role player that saw limited minutes off the bench in his time with the Hoosiers. He will graduate at the end of the semester, meaning that he will be able to transfer and play immediately according to the graduate transfer exception.
Hollowell was a top 50 small forward coming out of Indianapolis in the Class of 2012, but he never seemed to get himself into the good graces of the coaching staff. He started 15 games early in his sophomore season, but was relegated to a reserve role by the end of the season. He averaged 4.2 points in 2013-2014.
Indiana also lost Luke Fischer to a transfer in December. The freshman center made the decision to leave and has since enrolled at Marquette.
The key for the Hoosiers now is to await the fate of Yogi Ferrell. Will he be heading to the NBA next season? If he does leave school, Indiana might be in full-on rebuilding mode next season.
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)