Mar 24, 2014, 3:48 PM EDT
It didn’t take long for the roster turnover at Indiana to start.
Late Sunday night, it was star freshman Noah Vonleh announcing that he would be heading off to the NBA. On Monday afternoon, it was Austin Etherington and Jeremy Hollowell announcing that they would be transferring out of the program.
Etherington was a role player that saw limited minutes off the bench in his time with the Hoosiers. He will graduate at the end of the semester, meaning that he will be able to transfer and play immediately according to the graduate transfer exception.
Hollowell was a top 50 small forward coming out of Indianapolis in the Class of 2012, but he never seemed to get himself into the good graces of the coaching staff. He started 15 games early in his sophomore season, but was relegated to a reserve role by the end of the season. He averaged 4.2 points in 2013-2014.
Indiana also lost Luke Fischer to a transfer in December. The freshman center made the decision to leave and has since enrolled at Marquette.
The key for the Hoosiers now is to await the fate of Yogi Ferrell. Will he be heading to the NBA next season? If he does leave school, Indiana might be in full-on rebuilding mode next season.
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 13
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 10
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (22)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field (15)