Mar 24, 2014, 8:09 PM EST
Duke might have lost to No. 14 seed Mercer in the Round of 64 in the NCAA Tournament last Friday, but some of the sting of that early exit went away on Monday evening as elite 2015 shooting guard Luke Kennard committed to Duke at a press conference at his high school.
The 6-foot-5 Kennard, who Rivals regards as the No. 16 player in the 2015 national class, chose the Blue Devils over his final list of Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan and Ohio State.
“Luke Kennard is another in a long line of shooters that have gone to Duke,” Rivals national recruiting analyst Eric Bossi told College Basketball Talk. “A sharpshooter with a college-ready frame, Kennard is a savvy player who doesn’t waste dribbles. He gives the Blue Devils yet another weapon on the perimeter.”
Kennard is Duke’s first commitment in the 2015 class and he took a visit to campus on March 7th before making his decision. The native of Franklin, Ohio attends Franklin High School and plays his grassroots ball with the King James Shooting Stars.
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 0
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 2
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss 3
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Georgetown discusses becoming first college basketball team to wear ‘I Can’t Breathe’ T-shirts (PHOTO) (9)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)