Mar 24, 2014, 8:09 PM EDT
Duke might have lost to No. 14 seed Mercer in the Round of 64 in the NCAA Tournament last Friday, but some of the sting of that early exit went away on Monday evening as elite 2015 shooting guard Luke Kennard committed to Duke at a press conference at his high school.
The 6-foot-5 Kennard, who Rivals regards as the No. 16 player in the 2015 national class, chose the Blue Devils over his final list of Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan and Ohio State.
“Luke Kennard is another in a long line of shooters that have gone to Duke,” Rivals national recruiting analyst Eric Bossi told College Basketball Talk. “A sharpshooter with a college-ready frame, Kennard is a savvy player who doesn’t waste dribbles. He gives the Blue Devils yet another weapon on the perimeter.”
Kennard is Duke’s first commitment in the 2015 class and he took a visit to campus on March 7th before making his decision. The native of Franklin, Ohio attends Franklin High School and plays his grassroots ball with the King James Shooting Stars.
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)