Mar 24, 2014, 8:09 PM EDT
Duke might have lost to No. 14 seed Mercer in the Round of 64 in the NCAA Tournament last Friday, but some of the sting of that early exit went away on Monday evening as elite 2015 shooting guard Luke Kennard committed to Duke at a press conference at his high school.
The 6-foot-5 Kennard, who Rivals regards as the No. 16 player in the 2015 national class, chose the Blue Devils over his final list of Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan and Ohio State.
“Luke Kennard is another in a long line of shooters that have gone to Duke,” Rivals national recruiting analyst Eric Bossi told College Basketball Talk. “A sharpshooter with a college-ready frame, Kennard is a savvy player who doesn’t waste dribbles. He gives the Blue Devils yet another weapon on the perimeter.”
Kennard is Duke’s first commitment in the 2015 class and he took a visit to campus on March 7th before making his decision. The native of Franklin, Ohio attends Franklin High School and plays his grassroots ball with the King James Shooting Stars.
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)