Mar 24, 2014, 8:09 PM EDT
Duke might have lost to No. 14 seed Mercer in the Round of 64 in the NCAA Tournament last Friday, but some of the sting of that early exit went away on Monday evening as elite 2015 shooting guard Luke Kennard committed to Duke at a press conference at his high school.
The 6-foot-5 Kennard, who Rivals regards as the No. 16 player in the 2015 national class, chose the Blue Devils over his final list of Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan and Ohio State.
“Luke Kennard is another in a long line of shooters that have gone to Duke,” Rivals national recruiting analyst Eric Bossi told College Basketball Talk. “A sharpshooter with a college-ready frame, Kennard is a savvy player who doesn’t waste dribbles. He gives the Blue Devils yet another weapon on the perimeter.”
Kennard is Duke’s first commitment in the 2015 class and he took a visit to campus on March 7th before making his decision. The native of Franklin, Ohio attends Franklin High School and plays his grassroots ball with the King James Shooting Stars.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)