Mar 24, 2014, 8:47 PM EDT
George Washington sophomore forward Paris Maragkos is set to transfer, according to a release from the school on Monday.
The 6-foot-9 forward is a native of Greece and averaged 1.1 points a game in only 3.3 minutes per game in 45 games for the Colonials the past two seasons.
“We’d like to thank Paris for his two years in our program. He was a pleasure to coach and our entire coaching staff and team wish him the best in the future,” said head coach Mike Lonergan in the release.
Maragkos was highly touted when he arrived stateside from Greece in September of 2011 as a high school prospect. The forward averaged 9.7 points and 4.3 rebounds for the U-18 Greece team that competed in the European championships in Poland in 2011, but he never found a role at George Washington.
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)