Mar 24, 2014, 8:47 PM EST
George Washington sophomore forward Paris Maragkos is set to transfer, according to a release from the school on Monday.
The 6-foot-9 forward is a native of Greece and averaged 1.1 points a game in only 3.3 minutes per game in 45 games for the Colonials the past two seasons.
“We’d like to thank Paris for his two years in our program. He was a pleasure to coach and our entire coaching staff and team wish him the best in the future,” said head coach Mike Lonergan in the release.
Maragkos was highly touted when he arrived stateside from Greece in September of 2011 as a high school prospect. The forward averaged 9.7 points and 4.3 rebounds for the U-18 Greece team that competed in the European championships in Poland in 2011, but he never found a role at George Washington.
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)