Mar 24, 2014, 8:47 PM EST
George Washington sophomore forward Paris Maragkos is set to transfer, according to a release from the school on Monday.
The 6-foot-9 forward is a native of Greece and averaged 1.1 points a game in only 3.3 minutes per game in 45 games for the Colonials the past two seasons.
“We’d like to thank Paris for his two years in our program. He was a pleasure to coach and our entire coaching staff and team wish him the best in the future,” said head coach Mike Lonergan in the release.
Maragkos was highly touted when he arrived stateside from Greece in September of 2011 as a high school prospect. The forward averaged 9.7 points and 4.3 rebounds for the U-18 Greece team that competed in the European championships in Poland in 2011, but he never found a role at George Washington.
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 17
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- No. 13 Gonzaga makes definitive statement with blowout of No. 22 SMU 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (17)
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Can the ACC produce four Final Four teams? (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Report: Kansas transfer Conner Frankamp considering Colorado, Wichita State (3)