Mar 24, 2014, 8:47 PM EDT
George Washington sophomore forward Paris Maragkos is set to transfer, according to a release from the school on Monday.
The 6-foot-9 forward is a native of Greece and averaged 1.1 points a game in only 3.3 minutes per game in 45 games for the Colonials the past two seasons.
“We’d like to thank Paris for his two years in our program. He was a pleasure to coach and our entire coaching staff and team wish him the best in the future,” said head coach Mike Lonergan in the release.
Maragkos was highly touted when he arrived stateside from Greece in September of 2011 as a high school prospect. The forward averaged 9.7 points and 4.3 rebounds for the U-18 Greece team that competed in the European championships in Poland in 2011, but he never found a role at George Washington.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (2)