Mar 24, 2014, 8:47 PM EST
George Washington sophomore forward Paris Maragkos is set to transfer, according to a release from the school on Monday.
The 6-foot-9 forward is a native of Greece and averaged 1.1 points a game in only 3.3 minutes per game in 45 games for the Colonials the past two seasons.
“We’d like to thank Paris for his two years in our program. He was a pleasure to coach and our entire coaching staff and team wish him the best in the future,” said head coach Mike Lonergan in the release.
Maragkos was highly touted when he arrived stateside from Greece in September of 2011 as a high school prospect. The forward averaged 9.7 points and 4.3 rebounds for the U-18 Greece team that competed in the European championships in Poland in 2011, but he never found a role at George Washington.
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 2
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 1
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)