Mar 24, 2014, 10:18 PM EDT
Although North Carolina fell to No. 3 seed Iowa State in a heartbreaker on Sunday, Tar Heel fans received some positive news on Monday night as sophomore point guard Marcus Paige took to Twitter to announce his return next season.
This is very big news for Roy Williams’ club as Paige was the team’s most important player this season. Along with averaging 17.5 points, 4.2 assists, 3.2 rebounds and 1.5 steals, the sophomore floor general was also North Carolina’s only perimeter threat as he shot 38.9 percent from the three-point line as he knocked down 86 three-pointers — double the amount that second-place holder Leslie McDonald made.
The 6-foot-1 lefty also shot 87 percent from the free-throw line for a team that struggled from the line and a respectable 44 percent from the field. Next season, Paige will be a major candidate to be a preseason All-American and his return makes North Carolina a credible threat.
North Carolina fans will now await the announcement of junior forward James Michael McAdoo and what his future holds.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)