Mar 24, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
According to a report from CBSSports.com‘s Jon Rothstein, Rutgers junior guard Jerome Seagears has opted to transfer.
The 6-foot-1 Seagears started 12 games last season for the Scarlet Knights and averaged 7.1 points and 3.2 assists per game on the year.
Seagears transferred out of Rutgers last season in the aftermath of the Mike Rice scandal, and landed at Auburn under now-fired head coach Tony Barbee. But after a month with the Tigers, Seagears returned to the Scarlet Knights and was immediately eligible to play this season.
Now, the guard is once again on his way out the door and this time he’ll have one season of eligibility remaining.
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 12
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (12)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)