Mar 24, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
According to a report from CBSSports.com‘s Jon Rothstein, Rutgers junior guard Jerome Seagears has opted to transfer.
The 6-foot-1 Seagears started 12 games last season for the Scarlet Knights and averaged 7.1 points and 3.2 assists per game on the year.
Seagears transferred out of Rutgers last season in the aftermath of the Mike Rice scandal, and landed at Auburn under now-fired head coach Tony Barbee. But after a month with the Tigers, Seagears returned to the Scarlet Knights and was immediately eligible to play this season.
Now, the guard is once again on his way out the door and this time he’ll have one season of eligibility remaining.
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)