Mar 24, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
According to a report from CBSSports.com‘s Jon Rothstein, Rutgers junior guard Jerome Seagears has opted to transfer.
The 6-foot-1 Seagears started 12 games last season for the Scarlet Knights and averaged 7.1 points and 3.2 assists per game on the year.
Seagears transferred out of Rutgers last season in the aftermath of the Mike Rice scandal, and landed at Auburn under now-fired head coach Tony Barbee. But after a month with the Tigers, Seagears returned to the Scarlet Knights and was immediately eligible to play this season.
Now, the guard is once again on his way out the door and this time he’ll have one season of eligibility remaining.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)