Mar 24, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
According to a report from CBSSports.com‘s Jon Rothstein, Rutgers junior guard Jerome Seagears has opted to transfer.
The 6-foot-1 Seagears started 12 games last season for the Scarlet Knights and averaged 7.1 points and 3.2 assists per game on the year.
Seagears transferred out of Rutgers last season in the aftermath of the Mike Rice scandal, and landed at Auburn under now-fired head coach Tony Barbee. But after a month with the Tigers, Seagears returned to the Scarlet Knights and was immediately eligible to play this season.
Now, the guard is once again on his way out the door and this time he’ll have one season of eligibility remaining.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Sophomore guard decides to leave Kansas program (3)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)