Mar 24, 2014, 4:13 PM EDT
Eron Harris has decided to transfer out of West Virginia, the school announced on Monday afternoon.
Harris averaged 17.2 points as a sophomore, but the Indianapolis native wanted to head home to play.
“I have enjoyed my time at West Virginia University the past two years, but I want to transfer closer to home,” Harris said in a statement. “I want to be closer to my family, especially being around my little brother.”
“We have enjoyed Eron and his contributions to Mountaineer basketball,” said head coach Bob Huggins. “Of all people, I certainly know what it is like to be closer to family and friends, that’s why I did it as a student-athlete then as a coach.”
Look for local schools like Indiana, Purdue (where his father went to school), Butler and Notre Dame to get involved in trying to land Harris.
May 2, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
After being dismissed from Oregon, Dominic Artis spent a year at Diablo Valley CC in California but did not play basketball.
May 2, 2015, 9:33 PM EDT
Nwamu averaged 15.1 points per game and shot 37.4 percent from three at Mercer last season.
May 2, 2015, 7:41 PM EDT
Dakota Slaughter didn’t see much playing time at Alabama, but that could change at UTPA.
May 2, 2015, 5:36 PM EDT
A high-level perimeter shooter, Williams can help a team that was lacking in that area in 2014-15.
May 2, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
ECU scholarship athletes in football, men’s basketball and women’s basketball will receive an extra $4,025 in scholarship money beginning August 1.
May 2, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
Florida has four Class of 2015 recruits signed for next season.
May 2, 2015, 2:15 PM EDT
De’Aaron Fox is one of the elite players in the Class of 2016 and he’s spending the spring focusing on defense and being a leader.
May 2, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Jaylen Brown’s commitment shook up the college basketball world on Friday night.
May 2, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
Arizona State is losing a sophomore guard to transfer
May 2, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Ahmad Walker is returning to Stony Brook after a season in the junior college ranks.
May 2, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Baylor commit Mark Vital gets it done when it comes to dunks.
May 1, 2015, 10:45 PM EDT
The return of Buddy Hield pushes previously unranked Oklahoma into our way too early rankings.
May 1, 2015, 10:20 PM EDT
Jaylen Brown ended his long and complicated recruitment and committed on Friday night.
May 1, 2015, 9:28 PM EDT
Former Miami (OH) point guard Quinten Rollins transitioned to football after his college basketball career finished and now he’s been drafted to the NFL.
May 1, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
Indiana freshman center Jeremiah April will transfer.
May 1, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
Sterling Gibbs is on his way to UConn.
May 1, 2015, 6:10 PM EDT
Top 150 wing Troy Baxter has decided on his future.
May 1, 2015, 4:50 PM EDT
Harvard landed a commitment from its point guard of the future.
May 1, 2015, 3:35 PM EDT
The son of 1986 Final Four MOP Pervis Ellison is the sixth addition to the St. John’s roster this spring.
May 1, 2015, 2:48 PM EDT
Leones Basketball Club of Santo Domingo landed Towns with the sixth pick.
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 2
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 3
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique 10
- Report: Billy Donovan, Oklahoma City ‘nearing an agreement’ on coaching vacancy 2
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? 11
- 2015 College Basketball Early Entry List (14)
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? (11)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (10)
- Former Duke guard speaks publicly for first time since dismissal from team (5)