Mar 25, 2014, 11:06 AM EDT
Nicole Auerbach is reporting this morning that the ACC has finalized a deal with the Barclays Center and the Atlantic 10 to get the ACC tournament to Brooklyn.
An official announcement is expected Wednesday.
Here are the details:
- The ACC tournament will be held at the Barclays Center in 2017 and 2018. They were already on the books for Greensboro next season and Washington DC in 2017.
- The Atlantic 10 will give up the Barclays in 2017, moving to either DC or Pittsburgh while the ACC holds down BK, and they will return to New York for 2019-2021.
- In exchange, the ACC will be playing the Atlantic 10 in a series of double-headers, which could end up making Mike Krzyzewski’s head explode.
The ACC’s traditional base is in North Carolina, where Duke and UNC reside. But with the addition of Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville and Notre Dame, they are looking to make more of a push into the Northeast.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 1
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 0
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)