Mar 25, 2014, 11:06 AM EDT
Nicole Auerbach is reporting this morning that the ACC has finalized a deal with the Barclays Center and the Atlantic 10 to get the ACC tournament to Brooklyn.
An official announcement is expected Wednesday.
Here are the details:
- The ACC tournament will be held at the Barclays Center in 2017 and 2018. They were already on the books for Greensboro next season and Washington DC in 2017.
- The Atlantic 10 will give up the Barclays in 2017, moving to either DC or Pittsburgh while the ACC holds down BK, and they will return to New York for 2019-2021.
- In exchange, the ACC will be playing the Atlantic 10 in a series of double-headers, which could end up making Mike Krzyzewski’s head explode.
The ACC’s traditional base is in North Carolina, where Duke and UNC reside. But with the addition of Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville and Notre Dame, they are looking to make more of a push into the Northeast.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft (3)