Mar 25, 2014, 11:06 AM EDT
Nicole Auerbach is reporting this morning that the ACC has finalized a deal with the Barclays Center and the Atlantic 10 to get the ACC tournament to Brooklyn.
An official announcement is expected Wednesday.
Here are the details:
- The ACC tournament will be held at the Barclays Center in 2017 and 2018. They were already on the books for Greensboro next season and Washington DC in 2017.
- The Atlantic 10 will give up the Barclays in 2017, moving to either DC or Pittsburgh while the ACC holds down BK, and they will return to New York for 2019-2021.
- In exchange, the ACC will be playing the Atlantic 10 in a series of double-headers, which could end up making Mike Krzyzewski’s head explode.
The ACC’s traditional base is in North Carolina, where Duke and UNC reside. But with the addition of Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville and Notre Dame, they are looking to make more of a push into the Northeast.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)