Mar 25, 2014, 11:06 AM EDT
Nicole Auerbach is reporting this morning that the ACC has finalized a deal with the Barclays Center and the Atlantic 10 to get the ACC tournament to Brooklyn.
An official announcement is expected Wednesday.
Here are the details:
- The ACC tournament will be held at the Barclays Center in 2017 and 2018. They were already on the books for Greensboro next season and Washington DC in 2017.
- The Atlantic 10 will give up the Barclays in 2017, moving to either DC or Pittsburgh while the ACC holds down BK, and they will return to New York for 2019-2021.
- In exchange, the ACC will be playing the Atlantic 10 in a series of double-headers, which could end up making Mike Krzyzewski’s head explode.
The ACC’s traditional base is in North Carolina, where Duke and UNC reside. But with the addition of Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville and Notre Dame, they are looking to make more of a push into the Northeast.
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)