Mar 25, 2014, 11:06 AM EDT
Nicole Auerbach is reporting this morning that the ACC has finalized a deal with the Barclays Center and the Atlantic 10 to get the ACC tournament to Brooklyn.
An official announcement is expected Wednesday.
Here are the details:
- The ACC tournament will be held at the Barclays Center in 2017 and 2018. They were already on the books for Greensboro next season and Washington DC in 2017.
- The Atlantic 10 will give up the Barclays in 2017, moving to either DC or Pittsburgh while the ACC holds down BK, and they will return to New York for 2019-2021.
- In exchange, the ACC will be playing the Atlantic 10 in a series of double-headers, which could end up making Mike Krzyzewski’s head explode.
The ACC’s traditional base is in North Carolina, where Duke and UNC reside. But with the addition of Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville and Notre Dame, they are looking to make more of a push into the Northeast.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)