Mar 25, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
Florida head coach Billy Donovan has signed an extension that will keep the head coach under contract through the 2018-2019 season, according to a report from Florida Today.
The extension was agreed upon over the summer and completed in February, the report says.
It’s worth $3.5 million per year and could earn Donovan as much as $20 million with bonuses and incentives.
Here’s what’s interesting: Donovan had a clause in his contract that said he could not sign with an NBA team for five years after backing out on the Orlando Magic back in 2007. His name is popping up in NBA coaching searches.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1