Mar 25, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
Florida head coach Billy Donovan has signed an extension that will keep the head coach under contract through the 2018-2019 season, according to a report from Florida Today.
The extension was agreed upon over the summer and completed in February, the report says.
It’s worth $3.5 million per year and could earn Donovan as much as $20 million with bonuses and incentives.
Here’s what’s interesting: Donovan had a clause in his contract that said he could not sign with an NBA team for five years after backing out on the Orlando Magic back in 2007. His name is popping up in NBA coaching searches.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (5)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)