Mar 25, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
Florida head coach Billy Donovan has signed an extension that will keep the head coach under contract through the 2018-2019 season, according to a report from Florida Today.
The extension was agreed upon over the summer and completed in February, the report says.
It’s worth $3.5 million per year and could earn Donovan as much as $20 million with bonuses and incentives.
Here’s what’s interesting: Donovan had a clause in his contract that said he could not sign with an NBA team for five years after backing out on the Orlando Magic back in 2007. His name is popping up in NBA coaching searches.
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 0
- Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)