Mar 25, 2014, 10:18 AM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Manhattan head coach Steve Masiello is expected to take the South Florida head coaching job, according to a report from Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com this morning.
Masiello’s third season as Manhattan’s head coach came to a close on Thursday when the Jaspers lost to No. 4 Louisville in the Round of 64. He will replace Stan Heath, who went 12-20 this past season and just 3-15 in the AAC.
Masiello was a walk-on for Rick Pitino and Tubby Smith at Kentucky and coached under Pitino at Louisville for six years.
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 0
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)