Mar 25, 2014, 8:30 AM EST
Red v. Blue: The Official Theatrical Trailer
Last week the documentary “Red V. Blue,” which chronicles the rivalry between Louisville and Kentucky, was made available for purchase on multiple websites. And it’s fitting that the film would be available now, with the two programs meeting in the Sweet 16 later this week. Above is a trailer for the film.
A few ways NCAA really could be there for student athletes (Sports Business Journal)
With the season coming to a close, some players will have to determine whether they’ll return to school for another year or decide to go pro. Unfortunately for players the NCAA’s deadline to remove their name from the draft is in mid-April, hardly enough time for a player to make an informed decision while also being prohibited from speaking with an agent. Moving its deadline to match that of the NBA is one way in which the NCAA can look out for its student-athletes.
UM basketball coach Jim Larrañaga rebuilding roster with talented newcomers (Miami Herald)
After winning the ACC a season ago the Miami Hurricanes did not qualify for postseason play, with the loss of six talented contributors proving to be too much to overcome. And Miami’s expected to be an improved team next season, with transfers Angel Rodriguez and Sheldon McClellan becoming eligible and freshman DeAndre Burnett being healthy as well.
Saint Louis facing big changes (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
After two highly successful seasons at the helm, Saint Louis head coach Jim Crews will have his work cut out for him in 2014-15. The Billikens’ loss to No. 4 Louisville Saturday meant that five senior starters have worn the SLU uniform for the last time, meaning that there will be some major changes for the program to deal with this offseason.
A Personal Choice (Sports on Earth)
With his freshman season coming to an end Friday afternoon, Duke freshman Jabari Parker now has a decision to make: does he return to Duke for his sophomore season, or will he move on to the NBA with lottery riches in his future? While it certainly seems like an easy choice from the outside, Parker will need to do what he feels is best for himself regardless of what outsiders think.
Absence proved Embiid’s worth (Lawrence Journal-World)
No. 2 Kansas saw its season come to an end Sunday, with No. 10 Stanford eliminating the Jayhawks in the Round of 32. And with Kansas playing without center Joel Embiid, it was clear that the freshman’s being sidelined had a major impact on their hopes of winning a national title.
Sweet 16 berth means big bonus for UCLA coach Steve Alford (Los Angeles Times)
An interesting subplot during March is watching which coaches end up getting paid, be it in the form of a new position, contract extension or bonus for reaching certain benchmarks. First-year UCLA head coach Steve Alford falls into the third category, as he’s added an extra $65,000 in postseason bonuses with the possibility of earning more should the Bruins continue to advance.
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 1
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (4)