Mar 25, 2014, 3:33 PM EDT
Wayne Selden announced on twitter on Tuesday afternoon that he will be returning to Kansas for his sophomore season.
“Want to let Jayhawk Nation know, I will be returning for my sophomore season!” Selden wrote. “Can’t wait to get to work [and] get back in the fieldhouse.”
Selden is a powerful, athletic scoring guard that was a top 15 recruit in the Class of 2013, but he was frustratingly inconsistent. At times, he would dominate, like when he went for 44 points over the course of two games near the start of Big 12 play. Other times, he would disappear, like the 1-for-10 shooting and four points that he produced in the two NCAA tournament games the Jayhawks played last week.
Selden finished the season averaging 9.7 points and shooting 32.8% from three.
He’s a potential lottery pick, but right now, Draft Express has him going 25th in the first round of the 2015 Draft.
Kansas will now await the official announcements from Andrew Wiggins and Joel Embiid. Both are expected to leave and may end up being the top two picks in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)