Mar 25, 2014, 3:33 PM EDT
Wayne Selden announced on twitter on Tuesday afternoon that he will be returning to Kansas for his sophomore season.
“Want to let Jayhawk Nation know, I will be returning for my sophomore season!” Selden wrote. “Can’t wait to get to work [and] get back in the fieldhouse.”
Selden is a powerful, athletic scoring guard that was a top 15 recruit in the Class of 2013, but he was frustratingly inconsistent. At times, he would dominate, like when he went for 44 points over the course of two games near the start of Big 12 play. Other times, he would disappear, like the 1-for-10 shooting and four points that he produced in the two NCAA tournament games the Jayhawks played last week.
Selden finished the season averaging 9.7 points and shooting 32.8% from three.
He’s a potential lottery pick, but right now, Draft Express has him going 25th in the first round of the 2015 Draft.
Kansas will now await the official announcements from Andrew Wiggins and Joel Embiid. Both are expected to leave and may end up being the top two picks in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)