Mar 25, 2014, 3:33 PM EDT
Wayne Selden announced on twitter on Tuesday afternoon that he will be returning to Kansas for his sophomore season.
“Want to let Jayhawk Nation know, I will be returning for my sophomore season!” Selden wrote. “Can’t wait to get to work [and] get back in the fieldhouse.”
Selden is a powerful, athletic scoring guard that was a top 15 recruit in the Class of 2013, but he was frustratingly inconsistent. At times, he would dominate, like when he went for 44 points over the course of two games near the start of Big 12 play. Other times, he would disappear, like the 1-for-10 shooting and four points that he produced in the two NCAA tournament games the Jayhawks played last week.
Selden finished the season averaging 9.7 points and shooting 32.8% from three.
He’s a potential lottery pick, but right now, Draft Express has him going 25th in the first round of the 2015 Draft.
Kansas will now await the official announcements from Andrew Wiggins and Joel Embiid. Both are expected to leave and may end up being the top two picks in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 3
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 1
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft 8
- Bobby Portis announces that he is turning pro 0
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)