Mar 26, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Texas Tech’s roster took a bit of a hit this week as Dusty Hannahs and Jordan Tolbert are both reportedly transferring out of the program.
Hannahs was granted his release on Monday, according to a report from the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. The sophomore shooting guard was the sixth man for the Red Raiders this past season, averaging 7.7 points off the bench.
Tolbert, a 6-foot-7 junior forward, was the team’s second-leading scorer this past season, averaging 10.7 points.
Both players have been released to any school outside the Big 12.
With Hannahs and Tolbert leaving, the Red Raiders will lost four of their top five scorers from a season ago. That will make Tubby Smith’s job of rebuilding the program that much tougher. Texas Tech was 14-18 last season, finishing 6-12 in the Big 12.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)