Mar 26, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Texas Tech’s roster took a bit of a hit this week as Dusty Hannahs and Jordan Tolbert are both reportedly transferring out of the program.
Hannahs was granted his release on Monday, according to a report from the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. The sophomore shooting guard was the sixth man for the Red Raiders this past season, averaging 7.7 points off the bench.
Tolbert, a 6-foot-7 junior forward, was the team’s second-leading scorer this past season, averaging 10.7 points.
Both players have been released to any school outside the Big 12.
With Hannahs and Tolbert leaving, the Red Raiders will lost four of their top five scorers from a season ago. That will make Tubby Smith’s job of rebuilding the program that much tougher. Texas Tech was 14-18 last season, finishing 6-12 in the Big 12.
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 1
- Stony Brook works toward NCAA appearance after DII transition 0
- Syracuse officials to meet NCAA Committee on Infractions later this month 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Texas A&M gets a tough guard, St. John’s big weekend, Xavier’s intriguing fit 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Key assistant coaching hires 0
- 2014-15 America East Preview: Does Stony Brook finally make the Tournament? 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- Has Maryland found a new starting center? (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Northeast Conference Preview: Is it time for Robert Morris to dance again? (1)