Mar 26, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Texas Tech’s roster took a bit of a hit this week as Dusty Hannahs and Jordan Tolbert are both reportedly transferring out of the program.
Hannahs was granted his release on Monday, according to a report from the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. The sophomore shooting guard was the sixth man for the Red Raiders this past season, averaging 7.7 points off the bench.
Tolbert, a 6-foot-7 junior forward, was the team’s second-leading scorer this past season, averaging 10.7 points.
Both players have been released to any school outside the Big 12.
With Hannahs and Tolbert leaving, the Red Raiders will lost four of their top five scorers from a season ago. That will make Tubby Smith’s job of rebuilding the program that much tougher. Texas Tech was 14-18 last season, finishing 6-12 in the Big 12.
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)