Mar 26, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Texas Tech’s roster took a bit of a hit this week as Dusty Hannahs and Jordan Tolbert are both reportedly transferring out of the program.
Hannahs was granted his release on Monday, according to a report from the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. The sophomore shooting guard was the sixth man for the Red Raiders this past season, averaging 7.7 points off the bench.
Tolbert, a 6-foot-7 junior forward, was the team’s second-leading scorer this past season, averaging 10.7 points.
Both players have been released to any school outside the Big 12.
With Hannahs and Tolbert leaving, the Red Raiders will lost four of their top five scorers from a season ago. That will make Tubby Smith’s job of rebuilding the program that much tougher. Texas Tech was 14-18 last season, finishing 6-12 in the Big 12.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)