Mar 26, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Texas Tech’s roster took a bit of a hit this week as Dusty Hannahs and Jordan Tolbert are both reportedly transferring out of the program.
Hannahs was granted his release on Monday, according to a report from the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. The sophomore shooting guard was the sixth man for the Red Raiders this past season, averaging 7.7 points off the bench.
Tolbert, a 6-foot-7 junior forward, was the team’s second-leading scorer this past season, averaging 10.7 points.
Both players have been released to any school outside the Big 12.
With Hannahs and Tolbert leaving, the Red Raiders will lost four of their top five scorers from a season ago. That will make Tubby Smith’s job of rebuilding the program that much tougher. Texas Tech was 14-18 last season, finishing 6-12 in the Big 12.
- Fixing his flaws: How Kris Dunn has attacked the two weaknesses in his game 0
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble (2)
- Marquette coaches discuss daily ‘noon ball’ tradition (VIDEO) (2)
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? (2)