Mar 27, 2014, 9:40 AM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Kevin Keatts, the associate head coach for Rick Pitino with the Louisville Cardinals, is expected to be formally announced as the head coach at UNC-Wilmington today, according to reports out of North Carolina.
Keatts is in his third season on the Louisville bench after being hired away from Hargrave Military Academy. He was promoted to associate head coach in January. He’s considered one of the better up-and-coming assistants in the country, and with strong recruiting ties in North Carolina he should have a chance to get UNC-Wilmington rolling.
Wilmington was 9-23 this past season, firing head coach Buzz Peterson after he posted a 42-82 record in his four years with the Seahawks. UNC-Wilmington plays in the CAA.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 31
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (31)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (8)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)