Mar 27, 2014, 9:40 AM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Kevin Keatts, the associate head coach for Rick Pitino with the Louisville Cardinals, is expected to be formally announced as the head coach at UNC-Wilmington today, according to reports out of North Carolina.
Keatts is in his third season on the Louisville bench after being hired away from Hargrave Military Academy. He was promoted to associate head coach in January. He’s considered one of the better up-and-coming assistants in the country, and with strong recruiting ties in North Carolina he should have a chance to get UNC-Wilmington rolling.
Wilmington was 9-23 this past season, firing head coach Buzz Peterson after he posted a 42-82 record in his four years with the Seahawks. UNC-Wilmington plays in the CAA.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (3)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)