Mar 27, 2014, 9:40 AM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Kevin Keatts, the associate head coach for Rick Pitino with the Louisville Cardinals, is expected to be formally announced as the head coach at UNC-Wilmington today, according to reports out of North Carolina.
Keatts is in his third season on the Louisville bench after being hired away from Hargrave Military Academy. He was promoted to associate head coach in January. He’s considered one of the better up-and-coming assistants in the country, and with strong recruiting ties in North Carolina he should have a chance to get UNC-Wilmington rolling.
Wilmington was 9-23 this past season, firing head coach Buzz Peterson after he posted a 42-82 record in his four years with the Seahawks. UNC-Wilmington plays in the CAA.
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 2
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 2
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Born without a right hand, Omar Ndiaye looking for his chance 0
- Illinois starting point guard suffers season-ending knee injury 1
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Report: Providence legend Marvin ‘Bad News’ Barnes passes away (2)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)