Mar 27, 2014, 9:40 AM EST
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Kevin Keatts, the associate head coach for Rick Pitino with the Louisville Cardinals, is expected to be formally announced as the head coach at UNC-Wilmington today, according to reports out of North Carolina.
Keatts is in his third season on the Louisville bench after being hired away from Hargrave Military Academy. He was promoted to associate head coach in January. He’s considered one of the better up-and-coming assistants in the country, and with strong recruiting ties in North Carolina he should have a chance to get UNC-Wilmington rolling.
Wilmington was 9-23 this past season, firing head coach Buzz Peterson after he posted a 42-82 record in his four years with the Seahawks. UNC-Wilmington plays in the CAA.
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)