Mar 27, 2014, 9:40 AM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Kevin Keatts, the associate head coach for Rick Pitino with the Louisville Cardinals, is expected to be formally announced as the head coach at UNC-Wilmington today, according to reports out of North Carolina.
Keatts is in his third season on the Louisville bench after being hired away from Hargrave Military Academy. He was promoted to associate head coach in January. He’s considered one of the better up-and-coming assistants in the country, and with strong recruiting ties in North Carolina he should have a chance to get UNC-Wilmington rolling.
Wilmington was 9-23 this past season, firing head coach Buzz Peterson after he posted a 42-82 record in his four years with the Seahawks. UNC-Wilmington plays in the CAA.
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0