Mar 27, 2014, 8:56 PM EST
Jerome Seagears and Robert Lumpkins, two former Rutgers players that have since transferred out of the program, have filed a lawsuit against the university, according to a report from MyCentralJersey.com.
The complaint named Rutgers University, former president Richard McCormick, current president Robert Barchi, former athletics director Tim Pernetti, former head coach Mike Rice and current head coach Eddie Jordan. Seagears and Lumpkins are the second and third of Rice’s former players to file a lawsuit against the university. Derrick Randall, who has since transferred to Pittsburgh, also sued the school, but he didn’t name Jordan in his suit.
According to the report, the reason for the lawsuit is that “Jordan retaliated against plaintiff Seagears by doing acts including but not limited to: removing him from the starting lineup; significantly reducing his playing time; removing him from practices; and ultimately suspending him from the team without reason or justification.” Seagears is alleging that Jordan was retaliating against him for planning on filing the lawsuit.
Seagears transferred to Auburn after Rice was fired, but opted to return to Rutgers before the season began. Rice was fired from the Rutgers program after a video of his verbally and physically abusing players was released to ESPN’s Outside The Lines.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Sophomore forward Semi Ojeleye to transfer from Duke (3)