Mar 27, 2014, 8:56 PM EDT
Jerome Seagears and Robert Lumpkins, two former Rutgers players that have since transferred out of the program, have filed a lawsuit against the university, according to a report from MyCentralJersey.com.
The complaint named Rutgers University, former president Richard McCormick, current president Robert Barchi, former athletics director Tim Pernetti, former head coach Mike Rice and current head coach Eddie Jordan. Seagears and Lumpkins are the second and third of Rice’s former players to file a lawsuit against the university. Derrick Randall, who has since transferred to Pittsburgh, also sued the school, but he didn’t name Jordan in his suit.
According to the report, the reason for the lawsuit is that “Jordan retaliated against plaintiff Seagears by doing acts including but not limited to: removing him from the starting lineup; significantly reducing his playing time; removing him from practices; and ultimately suspending him from the team without reason or justification.” Seagears is alleging that Jordan was retaliating against him for planning on filing the lawsuit.
Seagears transferred to Auburn after Rice was fired, but opted to return to Rutgers before the season began. Rice was fired from the Rutgers program after a video of his verbally and physically abusing players was released to ESPN’s Outside The Lines.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)