Mar 28, 2014, 2:25 PM EST
After averaging 5.8 points and 3.9 rebounds per game in two seasons at Hofstra, redshirt sophomore forward Jordan Allen has decided to transfer according to the school. Allen averaged 6.6 points, 4.8 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game this season under first-year head coach Joe Mihalich, with the Pride playing this season without the services of Niagara transfers Juan’ya Green and Ameen Tanksley.
According to Hofstra, Allen will be graduating this spring and has decided to transfer to a Division II school. He will have two seasons of eligibility remaining.
“I can’t thank Jordan enough for everything he has done for our basketball program during his time on the Hofstra University campus,” Mihalich said in the release. “First and foremost, he has been an exemplary student-athlete who earned his degree in three years.
“In addition, in a year in which our team had multiple injuries and a small roster, Jordan put the team ahead of himself and did whatever the coaching staff asked of him on a daily basis. We thank him for his many contributions to the Hofstra Basketball program and wish him well.”
Hofstra will add three transfers to the rotation next season, with former SMU guard Brian Bernardi joining Green and Tanksley, and they’ll be important as leading scorer Zeke Upshaw (19.8 ppg) is out of eligibility. The program has also received commitments from junior college guard Malik Nichols and incoming freshman big man Andre Walker.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 9
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 15
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (17)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)