Mar 28, 2014, 5:08 PM EDT
With Oregon State ending its season with a loss to Radford in the first round of the CBI, there were questions as to what the future would hold for head coach Craig Robinson. In six seasons at the school Robinson has a record of 94-105, and the Beavers’ best season was back in 2011-12 when the team won 21 games.
With Roberto Nelson, Devon Collier and Angus Brandt all out of eligibility, the Beavers have some holes to fill this offseason. And according a report from CBSSports.com, Robinson will be entrusted with the task as he is expected to return for his seventh season in Corvallis.
Robinson’s agent, Rick Giles, told CBSSports.com that there was no discussion of a contract settlement when his client met with Oregon State AD Bob DeCarolis on Thursday and also noted the progress made by Robinson.
“Craig inherited an 0-18 team and has worked hard to recruit nationally, build a practice facility, and change the culture at Oregon State,” Giles said. “This year, he had Oregon State within two league wins of the NCAA Tournament. They’ve come a long way and are getting closer. He is fully committed to continuing this progress and taking the next step — and to getting Oregon State into the NCAA tournament.”
With contributors Nelson, Collier and Brandt no longer in the fold, the question entering the offseason is how close is Oregon State to reaching the NCAA tournament. With guard Hallice Cooke and forward Eric Moreland among the players expected back on campus next year, there’s clearly some talent to work with.
But is there enough to lead Oregon State to its first NCAA tournament appearance since 1990? That’s the question Oregon State fans will ask throughout the offseason.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2010? 0
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Michigan basketball will change to Jordan Brand from adidas as school announces new Nike deal (3)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)
- Austin Nichols looking to transfer from Memphis (2)
- Star Kansas freshman Carlton Bragg injured on trip to South Korea (1)