Mar 28, 2014, 5:08 PM EST
With Oregon State ending its season with a loss to Radford in the first round of the CBI, there were questions as to what the future would hold for head coach Craig Robinson. In six seasons at the school Robinson has a record of 94-105, and the Beavers’ best season was back in 2011-12 when the team won 21 games.
With Roberto Nelson, Devon Collier and Angus Brandt all out of eligibility, the Beavers have some holes to fill this offseason. And according a report from CBSSports.com, Robinson will be entrusted with the task as he is expected to return for his seventh season in Corvallis.
Robinson’s agent, Rick Giles, told CBSSports.com that there was no discussion of a contract settlement when his client met with Oregon State AD Bob DeCarolis on Thursday and also noted the progress made by Robinson.
“Craig inherited an 0-18 team and has worked hard to recruit nationally, build a practice facility, and change the culture at Oregon State,” Giles said. “This year, he had Oregon State within two league wins of the NCAA Tournament. They’ve come a long way and are getting closer. He is fully committed to continuing this progress and taking the next step — and to getting Oregon State into the NCAA tournament.”
With contributors Nelson, Collier and Brandt no longer in the fold, the question entering the offseason is how close is Oregon State to reaching the NCAA tournament. With guard Hallice Cooke and forward Eric Moreland among the players expected back on campus next year, there’s clearly some talent to work with.
But is there enough to lead Oregon State to its first NCAA tournament appearance since 1990? That’s the question Oregon State fans will ask throughout the offseason.
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)