Mar 28, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Selflessness from Joe Harris helped UVA reach first Sweet 16 since 1995 (Sports Illustrated)
After earning first team All-ACC honors as a junior, Virginia guard Joe Harris could have looked to continue to put up prolific numbers in his senior season. But the options around him dictated something different for Harris, and his selfless nature is one reason why the Cavaliers are ACC champions and making their first Sweet 16 appearance since 1995.
McConnell’s No. 1 fan watching him in Anaheim (Arizona Daily Star)
Arizona point guard T.J. McConnell has been a difference-maker for the Wildcats this season, with his steady influence being exactly what the top seed in the West Region needed. And with the Wildcats one win away from their first Final Four appearance in 13 years McConnell’s biggest fan, his father Tim, is in attendance in Anaheim. With the family living in western Pennsylvania, this trip is a special one since they’ve only been able to see a handful of T.J.’s games in person this year.
Michigan sees key as containing Tennessee’s Stokes (Detroit Free Press)
No. 2 Michigan may be favored to return to the Elite Eight for the second consecutive season, but the Wolverines are well aware of the challenge that No. 11 Tennessee represents. Chief among Michigan’s concerns is how they’ll go about containing Tennessee forward Jarnell Stokes, whose play has been a key for the Volunteers during their run to the Sweet 16.
Matchup to watch: Iowa State’s DeAndre Kane vs. UConn’s Shabazz Napier (Des Moines Register)
Friday’s Sweet 16 matchup between No. 3 Iowa State and No. 7 UConn features two of the best point guards in the country, with Iowa State being led by DeAndre Kane and Shabazz Napier leading the way for UConn. While both teams have other talented contributors, how this matchup goes will have a major impact on the outcome.
Donovan preaches personal growth as Gators head to Elite Eight (New York Post)
After beating No. 4 UCLA Thursday night, No. 1 Florida will make its fourth straight Elite Eight appearance. And with a senior class that has yet to reach the Final Four, Florida head coach Billy Donovan continues to discuss the importance of personal growth with his team in advance of Saturday’s game against No. 11 Dayton.
Pitino-Calipari a frosty friendship (Louisville Courier-Journal)
With No. 4 Louisville and No. 8 Kentucky meeting in the NCAA tournament for the second time in the last three years, one of the best rivalries in sports once again takes center stage in March. And with that comes the question of just how well the two head coaches, Rick Pitino and John Calipari, actually get along at this point in their respective careers.
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 12
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 5
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)
- Burning Questions: Who gets the last shot? (3)