Mar 29, 2014, 2:42 PM EDT
A new fifth-year graduate transfer was announced on Saturday that should draw significant recruiting attention.
According to ESPN.com’s Jeff Goodman, IUPUI 6-foot-1 senior guard Ian Chiles is on the transfer market, and after two full seasons of double-figure scoring for the Jaguars, the Louisville native be a hot name with his immediate eligibility and ability to score.
Chiles averaged 15.8 points, 3.2 rebounds, 1.5 assists and one steal per game last season for IUPUI. The senior spent his freshman season at Wabash Valley Junior College before making All-Newcomer Team honors in the Summit League his sophomore season.
Chiles only played four games in his junior season and redshirted due to injury and still has one year of eligibility left after his senior year this season.
IUPUI will reportedly hire Memphis assistant coach Jason Gardner as their next head coach, as was reported by Goodman yesterday, but Chiles will look for a fresh start elsewhere.
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 3
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)