Mar 29, 2014, 2:42 PM EST
A new fifth-year graduate transfer was announced on Saturday that should draw significant recruiting attention.
According to ESPN.com’s Jeff Goodman, IUPUI 6-foot-1 senior guard Ian Chiles is on the transfer market, and after two full seasons of double-figure scoring for the Jaguars, the Louisville native be a hot name with his immediate eligibility and ability to score.
Chiles averaged 15.8 points, 3.2 rebounds, 1.5 assists and one steal per game last season for IUPUI. The senior spent his freshman season at Wabash Valley Junior College before making All-Newcomer Team honors in the Summit League his sophomore season.
Chiles only played four games in his junior season and redshirted due to injury and still has one year of eligibility left after his senior year this season.
IUPUI will reportedly hire Memphis assistant coach Jason Gardner as their next head coach, as was reported by Goodman yesterday, but Chiles will look for a fresh start elsewhere.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 4
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (4)