Mar 29, 2014, 2:42 PM EST
A new fifth-year graduate transfer was announced on Saturday that should draw significant recruiting attention.
According to ESPN.com’s Jeff Goodman, IUPUI 6-foot-1 senior guard Ian Chiles is on the transfer market, and after two full seasons of double-figure scoring for the Jaguars, the Louisville native be a hot name with his immediate eligibility and ability to score.
Chiles averaged 15.8 points, 3.2 rebounds, 1.5 assists and one steal per game last season for IUPUI. The senior spent his freshman season at Wabash Valley Junior College before making All-Newcomer Team honors in the Summit League his sophomore season.
Chiles only played four games in his junior season and redshirted due to injury and still has one year of eligibility left after his senior year this season.
IUPUI will reportedly hire Memphis assistant coach Jason Gardner as their next head coach, as was reported by Goodman yesterday, but Chiles will look for a fresh start elsewhere.
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game 7
- Chase for 180: Boise State rebounds from 0-3 conference start thanks to Derrick Marks 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)