Mar 29, 2014, 2:42 PM EDT
A new fifth-year graduate transfer was announced on Saturday that should draw significant recruiting attention.
According to ESPN.com’s Jeff Goodman, IUPUI 6-foot-1 senior guard Ian Chiles is on the transfer market, and after two full seasons of double-figure scoring for the Jaguars, the Louisville native be a hot name with his immediate eligibility and ability to score.
Chiles averaged 15.8 points, 3.2 rebounds, 1.5 assists and one steal per game last season for IUPUI. The senior spent his freshman season at Wabash Valley Junior College before making All-Newcomer Team honors in the Summit League his sophomore season.
Chiles only played four games in his junior season and redshirted due to injury and still has one year of eligibility left after his senior year this season.
IUPUI will reportedly hire Memphis assistant coach Jason Gardner as their next head coach, as was reported by Goodman yesterday, but Chiles will look for a fresh start elsewhere.
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)