Mar 29, 2014, 1:31 PM EDT
After suffering a gruesome broken leg during last year’s Elite 8 win over Duke, Louisville guard Kevin Ware became a national story as the Cardinals rallied to beat the Blue Devils and eventually win the national championship.
But it appears Ware is seeking a fresh start as a report from ESPN.com’s Jeff Goodman on Saturday afternoon indicates that the junior will transfer.
Sources told Goodman that Ware will try to be closer to home and his family in Georgia.
Ware only played in nine games this season after making a miraculous return from the broken right leg, as he played in the exhibition opener against Pikeville College on November 6th. The junior shut it down after re-injuring the right leg again in mid-December and will seek a medical redshirt for the lost season.
For all of the fuss over Ware off of the floor, he didn’t make much of an impact on the floor for the Cardinals, in part because of the leg injury. Ware averaged 16.6 minutes a game during his sophomore season at Louisville but averaged less than six minutes a game during his freshman year and limited junior season.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)