Mar 29, 2014, 1:31 PM EDT
After suffering a gruesome broken leg during last year’s Elite 8 win over Duke, Louisville guard Kevin Ware became a national story as the Cardinals rallied to beat the Blue Devils and eventually win the national championship.
But it appears Ware is seeking a fresh start as a report from ESPN.com’s Jeff Goodman on Saturday afternoon indicates that the junior will transfer.
Sources told Goodman that Ware will try to be closer to home and his family in Georgia.
Ware only played in nine games this season after making a miraculous return from the broken right leg, as he played in the exhibition opener against Pikeville College on November 6th. The junior shut it down after re-injuring the right leg again in mid-December and will seek a medical redshirt for the lost season.
For all of the fuss over Ware off of the floor, he didn’t make much of an impact on the floor for the Cardinals, in part because of the leg injury. Ware averaged 16.6 minutes a game during his sophomore season at Louisville but averaged less than six minutes a game during his freshman year and limited junior season.
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)