Mar 29, 2014, 1:11 PM EDT
According to a report from Jeff Goodman and Brett McMurphy of ESPN.com, UNLV head coach Dave Rice is no longer in the running for the head coaching position at South Florida.
South Florida initially offered Manhattan head coach Steve Masiello a five-year, $6 million deal before it was revealed that Masiello did not have his undergraduate degree from the University of Kentucky — as indicated on his résumé — and was taken out of consideration.
The report from Goodman and McMurphy states that Rice met with South Florida athletic director Mark Harlan on Friday and was scheduled to meet with UNLV officials on Saturday.
Now, it appears Rice will stay with the Runnin’ Rebels as the third-year head coach just finished the season at 20-13 following two consecutive NCAA Tournament appearances.
So where do the Bulls turn to next? South Florida’s coaching search is currently a debacle and they can’t seem to figure out which direction to go in.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1