Mar 29, 2014, 1:11 PM EDT
According to a report from Jeff Goodman and Brett McMurphy of ESPN.com, UNLV head coach Dave Rice is no longer in the running for the head coaching position at South Florida.
South Florida initially offered Manhattan head coach Steve Masiello a five-year, $6 million deal before it was revealed that Masiello did not have his undergraduate degree from the University of Kentucky — as indicated on his résumé — and was taken out of consideration.
The report from Goodman and McMurphy states that Rice met with South Florida athletic director Mark Harlan on Friday and was scheduled to meet with UNLV officials on Saturday.
Now, it appears Rice will stay with the Runnin’ Rebels as the third-year head coach just finished the season at 20-13 following two consecutive NCAA Tournament appearances.
So where do the Bulls turn to next? South Florida’s coaching search is currently a debacle and they can’t seem to figure out which direction to go in.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 26
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (26)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)