Mar 29, 2014, 1:11 PM EDT
According to a report from Jeff Goodman and Brett McMurphy of ESPN.com, UNLV head coach Dave Rice is no longer in the running for the head coaching position at South Florida.
South Florida initially offered Manhattan head coach Steve Masiello a five-year, $6 million deal before it was revealed that Masiello did not have his undergraduate degree from the University of Kentucky — as indicated on his résumé — and was taken out of consideration.
The report from Goodman and McMurphy states that Rice met with South Florida athletic director Mark Harlan on Friday and was scheduled to meet with UNLV officials on Saturday.
Now, it appears Rice will stay with the Runnin’ Rebels as the third-year head coach just finished the season at 20-13 following two consecutive NCAA Tournament appearances.
So where do the Bulls turn to next? South Florida’s coaching search is currently a debacle and they can’t seem to figure out which direction to go in.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 2
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)