Mar 29, 2014, 1:11 PM EST
According to a report from Jeff Goodman and Brett McMurphy of ESPN.com, UNLV head coach Dave Rice is no longer in the running for the head coaching position at South Florida.
South Florida initially offered Manhattan head coach Steve Masiello a five-year, $6 million deal before it was revealed that Masiello did not have his undergraduate degree from the University of Kentucky — as indicated on his résumé — and was taken out of consideration.
The report from Goodman and McMurphy states that Rice met with South Florida athletic director Mark Harlan on Friday and was scheduled to meet with UNLV officials on Saturday.
Now, it appears Rice will stay with the Runnin’ Rebels as the third-year head coach just finished the season at 20-13 following two consecutive NCAA Tournament appearances.
So where do the Bulls turn to next? South Florida’s coaching search is currently a debacle and they can’t seem to figure out which direction to go in.
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)