Mar 29, 2014, 1:11 PM EDT
According to a report from Jeff Goodman and Brett McMurphy of ESPN.com, UNLV head coach Dave Rice is no longer in the running for the head coaching position at South Florida.
South Florida initially offered Manhattan head coach Steve Masiello a five-year, $6 million deal before it was revealed that Masiello did not have his undergraduate degree from the University of Kentucky — as indicated on his résumé — and was taken out of consideration.
The report from Goodman and McMurphy states that Rice met with South Florida athletic director Mark Harlan on Friday and was scheduled to meet with UNLV officials on Saturday.
Now, it appears Rice will stay with the Runnin’ Rebels as the third-year head coach just finished the season at 20-13 following two consecutive NCAA Tournament appearances.
So where do the Bulls turn to next? South Florida’s coaching search is currently a debacle and they can’t seem to figure out which direction to go in.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)