Mar 29, 2014, 12:28 PM EST
Senior guard Russ Smith gave a good performance in his final game for Louisville on Friday night as Smith scored 23 points in the loss to rival Kentucky in the Sweet 16 of the Midwest Regional.
But the senior also gave some fantastic extended quotes after the game and showed that he’s a true class act.
Smith also went into the Kentucky locker room after the loss to shake the hands of his opponents, according to multiple reports.
Clearly a classy gesture from a player who has tasted both victory and defeat during a tremendous four-year college career. The Louisville and Kentucky rivalry can be ugly at times — as can any rivalry — but this marks a great moment from a key player in the rivalry from the last few seasons.
(H/T: Eric Crawford of WDRB and Gregg Doyel of CBSSports.com)
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 0
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)