Mar 30, 2014, 3:56 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Another program could join the likes of Marquette, Wake Forest and Boston College in the 2014 coaching carousel as California head coach Mike Montgomery will reportedly meet with athletic director Sandy Barbour about his future with the university, according to a report from Andy Katz of ESPN.
Sources have told Katz that Montgomery is leaning toward retiring, and that administration is preparing for that scenario.
Montgomery has held four head coaching positions in his career with stops at Montana, Stanford and the Golden State Warriors before taking over the Cal program in 2008. In his time in Berkeley, he has compiled a 130-73 record, leading the Golden Bears to four NCAA tournaments, including a pair of appearances in the Round of 32. As the Stanford head coach (1986-2004) he guided the Cardinal to a Final Four berth in 1998 and a 30-2 record in his final season in 2004.
In July 2012, he signed a two-year extension with Cal, which would keep him on the sidelines until 2016.
The Golden Bears finished 21-14 (10-8 Pac-12) this season. Cal handed then-No. 1 Arizona its first loss of the season on Feb. 1.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0