Mar 30, 2014, 3:56 PM EST
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Another program could join the likes of Marquette, Wake Forest and Boston College in the 2014 coaching carousel as California head coach Mike Montgomery will reportedly meet with athletic director Sandy Barbour about his future with the university, according to a report from Andy Katz of ESPN.
Sources have told Katz that Montgomery is leaning toward retiring, and that administration is preparing for that scenario.
Montgomery has held four head coaching positions in his career with stops at Montana, Stanford and the Golden State Warriors before taking over the Cal program in 2008. In his time in Berkeley, he has compiled a 130-73 record, leading the Golden Bears to four NCAA tournaments, including a pair of appearances in the Round of 32. As the Stanford head coach (1986-2004) he guided the Cardinal to a Final Four berth in 1998 and a 30-2 record in his final season in 2004.
In July 2012, he signed a two-year extension with Cal, which would keep him on the sidelines until 2016.
The Golden Bears finished 21-14 (10-8 Pac-12) this season. Cal handed then-No. 1 Arizona its first loss of the season on Feb. 1.
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)