Mar 30, 2014, 3:56 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Another program could join the likes of Marquette, Wake Forest and Boston College in the 2014 coaching carousel as California head coach Mike Montgomery will reportedly meet with athletic director Sandy Barbour about his future with the university, according to a report from Andy Katz of ESPN.
Sources have told Katz that Montgomery is leaning toward retiring, and that administration is preparing for that scenario.
Montgomery has held four head coaching positions in his career with stops at Montana, Stanford and the Golden State Warriors before taking over the Cal program in 2008. In his time in Berkeley, he has compiled a 130-73 record, leading the Golden Bears to four NCAA tournaments, including a pair of appearances in the Round of 32. As the Stanford head coach (1986-2004) he guided the Cardinal to a Final Four berth in 1998 and a 30-2 record in his final season in 2004.
In July 2012, he signed a two-year extension with Cal, which would keep him on the sidelines until 2016.
The Golden Bears finished 21-14 (10-8 Pac-12) this season. Cal handed then-No. 1 Arizona its first loss of the season on Feb. 1.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)