Mar 30, 2014, 3:56 PM EST
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Another program could join the likes of Marquette, Wake Forest and Boston College in the 2014 coaching carousel as California head coach Mike Montgomery will reportedly meet with athletic director Sandy Barbour about his future with the university, according to a report from Andy Katz of ESPN.
Sources have told Katz that Montgomery is leaning toward retiring, and that administration is preparing for that scenario.
Montgomery has held four head coaching positions in his career with stops at Montana, Stanford and the Golden State Warriors before taking over the Cal program in 2008. In his time in Berkeley, he has compiled a 130-73 record, leading the Golden Bears to four NCAA tournaments, including a pair of appearances in the Round of 32. As the Stanford head coach (1986-2004) he guided the Cardinal to a Final Four berth in 1998 and a 30-2 record in his final season in 2004.
In July 2012, he signed a two-year extension with Cal, which would keep him on the sidelines until 2016.
The Golden Bears finished 21-14 (10-8 Pac-12) this season. Cal handed then-No. 1 Arizona its first loss of the season on Feb. 1.
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 4
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 3
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (13)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)