Mar 30, 2014, 5:33 PM EDT
Following tradition since he took office in 2008, President Barack Obama filled out a bracket in front of the nation.
Entering Sunday, Obama had predicted one of the Final Four teams, top-seeded Florida, while his national champion pick, Michigan State, was still alive. UConn put the finishing touches on Obama’s busted bracket with a 60-54 upset win in the Elite 8 on Sunday afternoon in Madison Square Garden.
The UConn athletic department send out this apology to the Commander-in-Chief:
Sorry about busting your bracket @BarackObama… We have room on our bandwagon if you’re interested
— UConn Huskies (@UConnHuskies) March 30, 2014
Last year, Obama’s went with Louisville as his national champion.
Florida is the only correct team Obama has in the Final Four as the President saw Louisville and Arizona eliminated in consecutive rounds. The Gators will square off against the Huskies in Arlington for the first time since Dec. 2 when Shabazz Napier hit a game-winner inside Gampel Pavilion. It was the last time Florida has lost this season.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1