Mar 30, 2014, 5:33 PM EDT
Following tradition since he took office in 2008, President Barack Obama filled out a bracket in front of the nation.
Entering Sunday, Obama had predicted one of the Final Four teams, top-seeded Florida, while his national champion pick, Michigan State, was still alive. UConn put the finishing touches on Obama’s busted bracket with a 60-54 upset win in the Elite 8 on Sunday afternoon in Madison Square Garden.
The UConn athletic department send out this apology to the Commander-in-Chief:
Sorry about busting your bracket @BarackObama… We have room on our bandwagon if you’re interested
— UConn Huskies (@UConnHuskies) March 30, 2014
Last year, Obama’s went with Louisville as his national champion.
Florida is the only correct team Obama has in the Final Four as the President saw Louisville and Arizona eliminated in consecutive rounds. The Gators will square off against the Huskies in Arlington for the first time since Dec. 2 when Shabazz Napier hit a game-winner inside Gampel Pavilion. It was the last time Florida has lost this season.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)