Mar 30, 2014, 5:33 PM EDT
Following tradition since he took office in 2008, President Barack Obama filled out a bracket in front of the nation.
Entering Sunday, Obama had predicted one of the Final Four teams, top-seeded Florida, while his national champion pick, Michigan State, was still alive. UConn put the finishing touches on Obama’s busted bracket with a 60-54 upset win in the Elite 8 on Sunday afternoon in Madison Square Garden.
The UConn athletic department send out this apology to the Commander-in-Chief:
Sorry about busting your bracket @BarackObama… We have room on our bandwagon if you’re interested
— UConn Huskies (@UConnHuskies) March 30, 2014
Last year, Obama’s went with Louisville as his national champion.
Florida is the only correct team Obama has in the Final Four as the President saw Louisville and Arizona eliminated in consecutive rounds. The Gators will square off against the Huskies in Arlington for the first time since Dec. 2 when Shabazz Napier hit a game-winner inside Gampel Pavilion. It was the last time Florida has lost this season.
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)