Mar 30, 2014, 5:33 PM EDT
Following tradition since he took office in 2008, President Barack Obama filled out a bracket in front of the nation.
Entering Sunday, Obama had predicted one of the Final Four teams, top-seeded Florida, while his national champion pick, Michigan State, was still alive. UConn put the finishing touches on Obama’s busted bracket with a 60-54 upset win in the Elite 8 on Sunday afternoon in Madison Square Garden.
The UConn athletic department send out this apology to the Commander-in-Chief:
Sorry about busting your bracket @BarackObama… We have room on our bandwagon if you’re interested
— UConn Huskies (@UConnHuskies) March 30, 2014
Last year, Obama’s went with Louisville as his national champion.
Florida is the only correct team Obama has in the Final Four as the President saw Louisville and Arizona eliminated in consecutive rounds. The Gators will square off against the Huskies in Arlington for the first time since Dec. 2 when Shabazz Napier hit a game-winner inside Gampel Pavilion. It was the last time Florida has lost this season.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)