Mar 30, 2014, 12:02 AM EDT
With 3.2 seconds remaining in overtime in the West regional final, Arizona’s Nick Johnson was called for an offensive foul as he drove to take a shot with the Wildcats trailing 64-63. Arizona would get one more chance to win the game, but that nearly wasn’t the case as a result of this call.
Two players on other tournament teams have already chimed in, with Tennessee’s Jordan McRae and Michigan’s Jordan Morgan tweeting their thoughts on the call. Their contest Friday, with the Wolverines holding off the Volunteers in Indianapolis, came down to an offensive foul called on Jarnell Stokes in the closing seconds.
Another terrible charge call killing a great game—
Jordan McRae (@JordyMac52) March 30, 2014
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA and people mad at me…—
Jordan Morgan (@JustJMo) March 30, 2014
Was the right call made? And should a foul have been called on the defender beforehand? You be the judge.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0