Mar 31, 2014, 3:08 PM EDT
Kentucky head coach all but ruled out sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein from Saturday’s national semifinal against Wisconsin on Monday.
“I doubt he plays and he will be on our bench cheering like crazy,” Calipari said on a conference call Monday afternoon.
Cauley-Stein injured his left ankle early in Kentucky’s win over Louisville in the Sweet 16. He was in a walking boot and on crutches on the bench during Kentucky’s win over Michigan on Sunday.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)