Mar 31, 2014, 3:08 PM EDT
Kentucky head coach all but ruled out sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein from Saturday’s national semifinal against Wisconsin on Monday.
“I doubt he plays and he will be on our bench cheering like crazy,” Calipari said on a conference call Monday afternoon.
Cauley-Stein injured his left ankle early in Kentucky’s win over Louisville in the Sweet 16. He was in a walking boot and on crutches on the bench during Kentucky’s win over Michigan on Sunday.
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)