Mar 31, 2014, 3:08 PM EDT
Kentucky head coach all but ruled out sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein from Saturday’s national semifinal against Wisconsin on Monday.
“I doubt he plays and he will be on our bench cheering like crazy,” Calipari said on a conference call Monday afternoon.
Cauley-Stein injured his left ankle early in Kentucky’s win over Louisville in the Sweet 16. He was in a walking boot and on crutches on the bench during Kentucky’s win over Michigan on Sunday.
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)