Mar 31, 2014, 3:08 PM EDT
Kentucky head coach all but ruled out sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein from Saturday’s national semifinal against Wisconsin on Monday.
“I doubt he plays and he will be on our bench cheering like crazy,” Calipari said on a conference call Monday afternoon.
Cauley-Stein injured his left ankle early in Kentucky’s win over Louisville in the Sweet 16. He was in a walking boot and on crutches on the bench during Kentucky’s win over Michigan on Sunday.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 1
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)