Mar 31, 2014, 10:25 AM EDT
Kentucky’s run to the Final Four has been nothing short of shocking.
A team full of freshmen that spent five months disappointing us with their play has suddenly banded together, won four straight games at the most important part of the season and done so while playing in three of the, what, ten best games of the entire season?
Wins over Wichita State, Louisville and Michigan were all instant classics.
They were also all wins over Final Four teams from last season, and if Kentucky’s run wasn’t impressive enough already, that’s the first time that anyone has reached the Final Four while beating three of the previous season’s participants.
They won’t get the sweep, however. Syracuse got knocked out of the tournament by Dayton back in the Round of 32.
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)