Mar 31, 2014, 10:25 AM EDT
Kentucky’s run to the Final Four has been nothing short of shocking.
A team full of freshmen that spent five months disappointing us with their play has suddenly banded together, won four straight games at the most important part of the season and done so while playing in three of the, what, ten best games of the entire season?
Wins over Wichita State, Louisville and Michigan were all instant classics.
They were also all wins over Final Four teams from last season, and if Kentucky’s run wasn’t impressive enough already, that’s the first time that anyone has reached the Final Four while beating three of the previous season’s participants.
They won’t get the sweep, however. Syracuse got knocked out of the tournament by Dayton back in the Round of 32.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)