Mar 31, 2014, 10:25 AM EDT
Kentucky’s run to the Final Four has been nothing short of shocking.
A team full of freshmen that spent five months disappointing us with their play has suddenly banded together, won four straight games at the most important part of the season and done so while playing in three of the, what, ten best games of the entire season?
Wins over Wichita State, Louisville and Michigan were all instant classics.
They were also all wins over Final Four teams from last season, and if Kentucky’s run wasn’t impressive enough already, that’s the first time that anyone has reached the Final Four while beating three of the previous season’s participants.
They won’t get the sweep, however. Syracuse got knocked out of the tournament by Dayton back in the Round of 32.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Sophomore guard decides to leave Kansas program (3)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)