Mar 31, 2014, 10:25 AM EDT
Kentucky’s run to the Final Four has been nothing short of shocking.
A team full of freshmen that spent five months disappointing us with their play has suddenly banded together, won four straight games at the most important part of the season and done so while playing in three of the, what, ten best games of the entire season?
Wins over Wichita State, Louisville and Michigan were all instant classics.
They were also all wins over Final Four teams from last season, and if Kentucky’s run wasn’t impressive enough already, that’s the first time that anyone has reached the Final Four while beating three of the previous season’s participants.
They won’t get the sweep, however. Syracuse got knocked out of the tournament by Dayton back in the Round of 32.
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)