Mar 31, 2014, 10:25 AM EST
Kentucky’s run to the Final Four has been nothing short of shocking.
A team full of freshmen that spent five months disappointing us with their play has suddenly banded together, won four straight games at the most important part of the season and done so while playing in three of the, what, ten best games of the entire season?
Wins over Wichita State, Louisville and Michigan were all instant classics.
They were also all wins over Final Four teams from last season, and if Kentucky’s run wasn’t impressive enough already, that’s the first time that anyone has reached the Final Four while beating three of the previous season’s participants.
They won’t get the sweep, however. Syracuse got knocked out of the tournament by Dayton back in the Round of 32.
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 0
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 0
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)