Mar 31, 2014, 7:25 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
After a successful first season as head coach of New Mexico, the University announced on Monday that they have extended the contract of Craig Neal for two more years through the 2019-20 season. Financial terms were not changed, according to the release.
Neal went 27-7 with the Lobos and lost in the Round of 64 to Stanford in the NCAA Tournament this season and the extension just gives Neal further support within the New Mexico program.
“I’m thankful to Paul, President Frank and the administration,” said Craig Neal. “We have a tremendous program here at New Mexico, with an unbelievable facility and great fans. Having raised my children here in New Mexico, I’m excited to be the coach here, and I’m excited for our future as a program.”
Neal helped the Lobos to a 15-3 record in the Mountain West on the season.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)