Mar 31, 2014, 7:25 PM EST
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
After a successful first season as head coach of New Mexico, the University announced on Monday that they have extended the contract of Craig Neal for two more years through the 2019-20 season. Financial terms were not changed, according to the release.
Neal went 27-7 with the Lobos and lost in the Round of 64 to Stanford in the NCAA Tournament this season and the extension just gives Neal further support within the New Mexico program.
“I’m thankful to Paul, President Frank and the administration,” said Craig Neal. “We have a tremendous program here at New Mexico, with an unbelievable facility and great fans. Having raised my children here in New Mexico, I’m excited to be the coach here, and I’m excited for our future as a program.”
Neal helped the Lobos to a 15-3 record in the Mountain West on the season.
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)