Mar 31, 2014, 7:25 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
After a successful first season as head coach of New Mexico, the University announced on Monday that they have extended the contract of Craig Neal for two more years through the 2019-20 season. Financial terms were not changed, according to the release.
Neal went 27-7 with the Lobos and lost in the Round of 64 to Stanford in the NCAA Tournament this season and the extension just gives Neal further support within the New Mexico program.
“I’m thankful to Paul, President Frank and the administration,” said Craig Neal. “We have a tremendous program here at New Mexico, with an unbelievable facility and great fans. Having raised my children here in New Mexico, I’m excited to be the coach here, and I’m excited for our future as a program.”
Neal helped the Lobos to a 15-3 record in the Mountain West on the season.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)