Mar 31, 2014, 3:32 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
California head coach Mike Montgomery is retiring, the program announced on their twitter feed. A formal announcement is expected after he informs his team.
Monty has coached at Cal the past six seasons. He was previously at Stanford, for 18 years, and Montana before spending some time in the NBA with the Golden State Warriors.
The Golden Bears were 21-14 this past season, losing to SMU in the NIT.
Cal becomes the second Pac-12 job that’s open, along with Washington State. It’s the fifth high-major position available — Wazzu, Wake Forest, Marquette and Boston College are the other four.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)