Mar 31, 2014, 4:51 PM EDT
Chattanooga lost three players to transfer on Monday as head coach Will Wade announced that sophomore guard Gee McGhee, freshman foward T.J. Williams and freshman guard Anthanee Doyle are all leaving the program according to the Chattanooga Times Free Press.
“All three are looking for new schools and we’re assisting with that and we’ll do anything we can to find somewhere new that will be a better fit for each of them,” Wade said in the article by David Uchiyama. “Each situation is different. My background is in teaching, so you feel that you can reach every kid. Sometimes that doesn’t happen.
“It’s tough, but we’re going to help them find the right situation.”
Losing the 6-foot-4 McGhee is a tough blow for Chattanooga, who is coming off of an 18-15 season and second-place finish in the Southern Conference regular season.
The sophomore started every game at two-guard and averaged 10 points a game and a team-leading 2.7 assists.
The 6-foot-8 Williams only appeared in 24 games and Doyle, a 6-foot guard, 11 games, so their decision to leave isn’t as much of a blow for the Mocs.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)