Mar 31, 2014, 4:51 PM EST
Chattanooga lost three players to transfer on Monday as head coach Will Wade announced that sophomore guard Gee McGhee, freshman foward T.J. Williams and freshman guard Anthanee Doyle are all leaving the program according to the Chattanooga Times Free Press.
“All three are looking for new schools and we’re assisting with that and we’ll do anything we can to find somewhere new that will be a better fit for each of them,” Wade said in the article by David Uchiyama. “Each situation is different. My background is in teaching, so you feel that you can reach every kid. Sometimes that doesn’t happen.
“It’s tough, but we’re going to help them find the right situation.”
Losing the 6-foot-4 McGhee is a tough blow for Chattanooga, who is coming off of an 18-15 season and second-place finish in the Southern Conference regular season.
The sophomore started every game at two-guard and averaged 10 points a game and a team-leading 2.7 assists.
The 6-foot-8 Williams only appeared in 24 games and Doyle, a 6-foot guard, 11 games, so their decision to leave isn’t as much of a blow for the Mocs.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)