Mar 31, 2014, 4:51 PM EST
Chattanooga lost three players to transfer on Monday as head coach Will Wade announced that sophomore guard Gee McGhee, freshman foward T.J. Williams and freshman guard Anthanee Doyle are all leaving the program according to the Chattanooga Times Free Press.
“All three are looking for new schools and we’re assisting with that and we’ll do anything we can to find somewhere new that will be a better fit for each of them,” Wade said in the article by David Uchiyama. “Each situation is different. My background is in teaching, so you feel that you can reach every kid. Sometimes that doesn’t happen.
“It’s tough, but we’re going to help them find the right situation.”
Losing the 6-foot-4 McGhee is a tough blow for Chattanooga, who is coming off of an 18-15 season and second-place finish in the Southern Conference regular season.
The sophomore started every game at two-guard and averaged 10 points a game and a team-leading 2.7 assists.
The 6-foot-8 Williams only appeared in 24 games and Doyle, a 6-foot guard, 11 games, so their decision to leave isn’t as much of a blow for the Mocs.
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 0
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (5)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)