Mar 31, 2014, 4:51 PM EDT
Chattanooga lost three players to transfer on Monday as head coach Will Wade announced that sophomore guard Gee McGhee, freshman foward T.J. Williams and freshman guard Anthanee Doyle are all leaving the program according to the Chattanooga Times Free Press.
“All three are looking for new schools and we’re assisting with that and we’ll do anything we can to find somewhere new that will be a better fit for each of them,” Wade said in the article by David Uchiyama. “Each situation is different. My background is in teaching, so you feel that you can reach every kid. Sometimes that doesn’t happen.
“It’s tough, but we’re going to help them find the right situation.”
Losing the 6-foot-4 McGhee is a tough blow for Chattanooga, who is coming off of an 18-15 season and second-place finish in the Southern Conference regular season.
The sophomore started every game at two-guard and averaged 10 points a game and a team-leading 2.7 assists.
The 6-foot-8 Williams only appeared in 24 games and Doyle, a 6-foot guard, 11 games, so their decision to leave isn’t as much of a blow for the Mocs.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)