Mar 31, 2014, 4:51 PM EDT
Chattanooga lost three players to transfer on Monday as head coach Will Wade announced that sophomore guard Gee McGhee, freshman foward T.J. Williams and freshman guard Anthanee Doyle are all leaving the program according to the Chattanooga Times Free Press.
“All three are looking for new schools and we’re assisting with that and we’ll do anything we can to find somewhere new that will be a better fit for each of them,” Wade said in the article by David Uchiyama. “Each situation is different. My background is in teaching, so you feel that you can reach every kid. Sometimes that doesn’t happen.
“It’s tough, but we’re going to help them find the right situation.”
Losing the 6-foot-4 McGhee is a tough blow for Chattanooga, who is coming off of an 18-15 season and second-place finish in the Southern Conference regular season.
The sophomore started every game at two-guard and averaged 10 points a game and a team-leading 2.7 assists.
The 6-foot-8 Williams only appeared in 24 games and Doyle, a 6-foot guard, 11 games, so their decision to leave isn’t as much of a blow for the Mocs.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)