Mar 31, 2014, 11:20 AM EDT
Texas Tech transfer Jordan Tolbert will head to SMU for his final season of collegiate eligibility, according to a report from Evan Daniels of Scout.com.
Tolbert made the decision to leave the program last week. A 6-foot-7 junior forward, Tolbert averaged 10.7 points this past season.
There is a chance that Tolbert will be able to get a waiver that will allow him to be eligible immediately for the Mustangs. If he does get that waiver, he’ll join an already deep front line, one that includes Markus Kennedy, Yannick Moreira and Cannen Cunningham.
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)