Mar 31, 2014, 11:20 AM EDT
Texas Tech transfer Jordan Tolbert will head to SMU for his final season of collegiate eligibility, according to a report from Evan Daniels of Scout.com.
Tolbert made the decision to leave the program last week. A 6-foot-7 junior forward, Tolbert averaged 10.7 points this past season.
There is a chance that Tolbert will be able to get a waiver that will allow him to be eligible immediately for the Mustangs. If he does get that waiver, he’ll join an already deep front line, one that includes Markus Kennedy, Yannick Moreira and Cannen Cunningham.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Sophomore guard decides to leave Kansas program (4)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)