Mar 31, 2014, 1:52 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Orlando Antigua, an assistant coach at Kentucky, has accepted an offer to be the replacement for Stan Heath at South Florida, according to a report from Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com.
Antigua has been on John Calipari’s staff since 2008, Cal’s last season in Memphis, and has taken over for Cal as the head coach of the Dominican national team.
The job was originally given to Steve Masiello, but the job offer was rescinded when it was discovered that Masiello had not actually graduated from Kentucky. Masiello is currently on leave at Manhattan.
Antigua is a graduate of Pitt and was originally an assistant coach there.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1