Mar 31, 2014, 1:52 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Orlando Antigua, an assistant coach at Kentucky, has accepted an offer to be the replacement for Stan Heath at South Florida, according to a report from Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com.
Antigua has been on John Calipari’s staff since 2008, Cal’s last season in Memphis, and has taken over for Cal as the head coach of the Dominican national team.
The job was originally given to Steve Masiello, but the job offer was rescinded when it was discovered that Masiello had not actually graduated from Kentucky. Masiello is currently on leave at Manhattan.
Antigua is a graduate of Pitt and was originally an assistant coach there.
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ 4
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Watch Stephen Curry put 40 on Gonzaga in the NCAA tournament (VIDEO) (3)
- Five-star power forward Elijah Thomas sets five official visits (3)