Mar 31, 2014, 1:52 PM EST
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Orlando Antigua, an assistant coach at Kentucky, has accepted an offer to be the replacement for Stan Heath at South Florida, according to a report from Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com.
Antigua has been on John Calipari’s staff since 2008, Cal’s last season in Memphis, and has taken over for Cal as the head coach of the Dominican national team.
The job was originally given to Steve Masiello, but the job offer was rescinded when it was discovered that Masiello had not actually graduated from Kentucky. Masiello is currently on leave at Manhattan.
Antigua is a graduate of Pitt and was originally an assistant coach there.
- Tracking The Unbeatens: The showdown between Kentucky, Louisville looms 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Ohio State Buckeyes 0
- Weekly Awards: Marquette’s new addition, a shakeup in Pac-12’s power structure ? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 25: Virginia moves up, three teams drop out 0
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)