Mar 31, 2014, 6:59 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Washington State hired of a former, successful Pac-12 coach on Monday afternoon as ESPN.com’s Jeff Goodman reported that the Cougars will hire former Oregon coach Ernie Kent to be their next men’s basketball coach.
The 59-year-old Kent has compiled a 325–254 overall record as a head coach including stops at St. Mary’s for six seasons and 13 years at Oregon. Kent was a coach for the Ducks until 2010 and made two Elite 8 appearances with the team.
Having already coached and recruited in the Pac-12 and the Pacific Northwest, Kent will see if he can get some wins at Washington State.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0