Mar 31, 2014, 6:59 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Washington State hired of a former, successful Pac-12 coach on Monday afternoon as ESPN.com’s Jeff Goodman reported that the Cougars will hire former Oregon coach Ernie Kent to be their next men’s basketball coach.
The 59-year-old Kent has compiled a 325–254 overall record as a head coach including stops at St. Mary’s for six seasons and 13 years at Oregon. Kent was a coach for the Ducks until 2010 and made two Elite 8 appearances with the team.
Having already coached and recruited in the Pac-12 and the Pacific Northwest, Kent will see if he can get some wins at Washington State.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1