Mar 31, 2014, 11:48 PM EDT
A pair of undefeated No. 1 seeds advanced to the Final Four of the 2014 women’s NCAA Tournament on Monday night as UConn and Notre Dame both advanced with wins.
UConn moved to 38-0 this season with a 69-54 win over Texas A&M to claim the Lincoln Regional title while Notre Dame ran past Baylor, 88-69, to make it to the Final Four out of the Notre Dame Regional. The Fighting Irish move to 36-0 on the season.
Notre Dame made its fourth consecutive Final Four behind 30 points from Jewell Loyd and Natalie Achonwa added 19 points and 15 rebounds.
Achonwa went down with a left knee injury in the final five minutes of the game and will have an MRI Tuesday, however as Notre Dame holds its breath.
The Huskies won in the Lincoln Regional as all five starters finished with at least 11 points and the Huskies had 20 assists for 27 field goals.
Center Stefanie Dolan was particularly effective for UConn, scoring 14 points, grabbing 10 rebounds and blocking eight shots.
The Fighting Irish will play the winner of No. 4 Maryland and No. 3 Louisville in Sunday’s Louisville Regional final while UConn will play either No. 2 seed Stanford or No. 4 seed North Carolina in the Stanford Regional final.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)