Mar 31, 2014, 11:48 PM EDT
A pair of undefeated No. 1 seeds advanced to the Final Four of the 2014 women’s NCAA Tournament on Monday night as UConn and Notre Dame both advanced with wins.
UConn moved to 38-0 this season with a 69-54 win over Texas A&M to claim the Lincoln Regional title while Notre Dame ran past Baylor, 88-69, to make it to the Final Four out of the Notre Dame Regional. The Fighting Irish move to 36-0 on the season.
Notre Dame made its fourth consecutive Final Four behind 30 points from Jewell Loyd and Natalie Achonwa added 19 points and 15 rebounds.
Achonwa went down with a left knee injury in the final five minutes of the game and will have an MRI Tuesday, however as Notre Dame holds its breath.
The Huskies won in the Lincoln Regional as all five starters finished with at least 11 points and the Huskies had 20 assists for 27 field goals.
Center Stefanie Dolan was particularly effective for UConn, scoring 14 points, grabbing 10 rebounds and blocking eight shots.
The Fighting Irish will play the winner of No. 4 Maryland and No. 3 Louisville in Sunday’s Louisville Regional final while UConn will play either No. 2 seed Stanford or No. 4 seed North Carolina in the Stanford Regional final.
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- CBT Quotables Part IV: The Lawsons, Stephen Zimmerman, Malik Monk 1
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)