Apr 1, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
Ohio’s D.J. Wingfield has been medically disqualified to play for the Bobcats.
Wingfield had surgery on his knee last summer, and while he played in an exhibition game and practiced with the team for much of the season, the fix never took. His career with Ohio is over.
“It was out of the blue. I wasn’t ready for it. He wasn’t ready for it. It just happened,” head coach Jim Christian said.
But here’s the good news: the university is going to honor Wingfield’s scholarship, meaning that he will still receive his education despite being unable to set foot on the court.
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 0
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 2
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 2
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives (8)