Apr 1, 2014, 8:32 AM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Tennessee head coach Cuonzo Martin will return to Knoxville to coach the Vols for at least one more season, according to multiple reports.
Late Monday night the news broke, with Martin withdrawing his name from Marquette’s search for a replacement for Buzz Williams. Martin met with Marquette officials on Sunday and the Tennessee brass on Monday.
Martin just finished his third season with Tennessee, making a late-season push to reach the NCAA tournament before winning three games to get into the Sweet 16. He’s 63-41 in his three seasons in Knoxville, and is expected to get a raise on his $1.3 million contract.
Marquette is expected to focus their search on Duke assistant coach Steve Wojciechowski.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Dayton unveils new logo, court and basketball uniforms (2)