Apr 1, 2014, 8:32 AM EST
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Tennessee head coach Cuonzo Martin will return to Knoxville to coach the Vols for at least one more season, according to multiple reports.
Late Monday night the news broke, with Martin withdrawing his name from Marquette’s search for a replacement for Buzz Williams. Martin met with Marquette officials on Sunday and the Tennessee brass on Monday.
Martin just finished his third season with Tennessee, making a late-season push to reach the NCAA tournament before winning three games to get into the Sweet 16. He’s 63-41 in his three seasons in Knoxville, and is expected to get a raise on his $1.3 million contract.
Marquette is expected to focus their search on Duke assistant coach Steve Wojciechowski.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)