Apr 1, 2014, 8:32 AM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Tennessee head coach Cuonzo Martin will return to Knoxville to coach the Vols for at least one more season, according to multiple reports.
Late Monday night the news broke, with Martin withdrawing his name from Marquette’s search for a replacement for Buzz Williams. Martin met with Marquette officials on Sunday and the Tennessee brass on Monday.
Martin just finished his third season with Tennessee, making a late-season push to reach the NCAA tournament before winning three games to get into the Sweet 16. He’s 63-41 in his three seasons in Knoxville, and is expected to get a raise on his $1.3 million contract.
Marquette is expected to focus their search on Duke assistant coach Steve Wojciechowski.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 1
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (4)