Apr 1, 2014, 8:32 AM EST
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Tennessee head coach Cuonzo Martin will return to Knoxville to coach the Vols for at least one more season, according to multiple reports.
Late Monday night the news broke, with Martin withdrawing his name from Marquette’s search for a replacement for Buzz Williams. Martin met with Marquette officials on Sunday and the Tennessee brass on Monday.
Martin just finished his third season with Tennessee, making a late-season push to reach the NCAA tournament before winning three games to get into the Sweet 16. He’s 63-41 in his three seasons in Knoxville, and is expected to get a raise on his $1.3 million contract.
Marquette is expected to focus their search on Duke assistant coach Steve Wojciechowski.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)