Apr 1, 2014, 8:32 AM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Tennessee head coach Cuonzo Martin will return to Knoxville to coach the Vols for at least one more season, according to multiple reports.
Late Monday night the news broke, with Martin withdrawing his name from Marquette’s search for a replacement for Buzz Williams. Martin met with Marquette officials on Sunday and the Tennessee brass on Monday.
Martin just finished his third season with Tennessee, making a late-season push to reach the NCAA tournament before winning three games to get into the Sweet 16. He’s 63-41 in his three seasons in Knoxville, and is expected to get a raise on his $1.3 million contract.
Marquette is expected to focus their search on Duke assistant coach Steve Wojciechowski.
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 14
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 9
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 71
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 17
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (71)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)