Apr 1, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT
Johnny O’Bryant will announce that he is entering the NBA Draft, his former high school coach told a TV station in Greenville.
The school has reportedly set up a press conference for 2:00 p.m. today.
O’Bryant averaged 15.4 points and 7.7 boards as a junior this past season, but he’s not a sure-fire first round draft pick. There’s not even a guarantee that he’ll be picked, period. He’s talented, but there have been question marks about his work ethic and his conditioning. That’s not what you want to hear about a guy projected to end up somewhere in the mid-to-late second round.
LSU will now wait to hear the decisions of Jordan Mickey and Jarell Martin.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)