Apr 1, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT
Johnny O’Bryant will announce that he is entering the NBA Draft, his former high school coach told a TV station in Greenville.
The school has reportedly set up a press conference for 2:00 p.m. today.
O’Bryant averaged 15.4 points and 7.7 boards as a junior this past season, but he’s not a sure-fire first round draft pick. There’s not even a guarantee that he’ll be picked, period. He’s talented, but there have been question marks about his work ethic and his conditioning. That’s not what you want to hear about a guy projected to end up somewhere in the mid-to-late second round.
LSU will now wait to hear the decisions of Jordan Mickey and Jarell Martin.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)