Apr 1, 2014, 12:55 PM EST
Johnny O’Bryant will announce that he is entering the NBA Draft, his former high school coach told a TV station in Greenville.
The school has reportedly set up a press conference for 2:00 p.m. today.
O’Bryant averaged 15.4 points and 7.7 boards as a junior this past season, but he’s not a sure-fire first round draft pick. There’s not even a guarantee that he’ll be picked, period. He’s talented, but there have been question marks about his work ethic and his conditioning. That’s not what you want to hear about a guy projected to end up somewhere in the mid-to-late second round.
LSU will now wait to hear the decisions of Jordan Mickey and Jarell Martin.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)