Apr 1, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Gary Harris is expected to enter the NBA Draft, according to a report from Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com.
“He’s going to go,” one source told Parrish. “And he probably should.”
Michigan State head coach Tom Izzo held his final press conference of the season Tuesday afternoon, telling reporters that he will support Gary Harris going to the NBA if he is projected as a lottery pick.
“He could surprise me like [Adreian Payne] did,” Izzo said, “but I think he can be a fairly solid pick.”
He’s currently projected as the No. 15 pick in the draft by Draft Express, which, ironically enough, would slot him right outside of the lottery.
Izzo said that Harris is “torn”, as he loves college and the bond that he has formed with his teammates. If Harris does return, it would be a huge boost for a Spartan team that could be facing a rebuilding year next season with Keith Appling and Adreian Payne graduating.
Harris averaged 16.7 points and 4.0 boards as a sophomore.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0