Apr 1, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Gary Harris is expected to enter the NBA Draft, according to a report from Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com.
“He’s going to go,” one source told Parrish. “And he probably should.”
Michigan State head coach Tom Izzo held his final press conference of the season Tuesday afternoon, telling reporters that he will support Gary Harris going to the NBA if he is projected as a lottery pick.
“He could surprise me like [Adreian Payne] did,” Izzo said, “but I think he can be a fairly solid pick.”
He’s currently projected as the No. 15 pick in the draft by Draft Express, which, ironically enough, would slot him right outside of the lottery.
Izzo said that Harris is “torn”, as he loves college and the bond that he has formed with his teammates. If Harris does return, it would be a huge boost for a Spartan team that could be facing a rebuilding year next season with Keith Appling and Adreian Payne graduating.
Harris averaged 16.7 points and 4.0 boards as a sophomore.
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)