Apr 1, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Gary Harris is expected to enter the NBA Draft, according to a report from Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com.
“He’s going to go,” one source told Parrish. “And he probably should.”
Michigan State head coach Tom Izzo held his final press conference of the season Tuesday afternoon, telling reporters that he will support Gary Harris going to the NBA if he is projected as a lottery pick.
“He could surprise me like [Adreian Payne] did,” Izzo said, “but I think he can be a fairly solid pick.”
He’s currently projected as the No. 15 pick in the draft by Draft Express, which, ironically enough, would slot him right outside of the lottery.
Izzo said that Harris is “torn”, as he loves college and the bond that he has formed with his teammates. If Harris does return, it would be a huge boost for a Spartan team that could be facing a rebuilding year next season with Keith Appling and Adreian Payne graduating.
Harris averaged 16.7 points and 4.0 boards as a sophomore.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)