Apr 1, 2014, 1:45 PM EST
Gary Harris is expected to enter the NBA Draft, according to a report from Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com.
“He’s going to go,” one source told Parrish. “And he probably should.”
Michigan State head coach Tom Izzo held his final press conference of the season Tuesday afternoon, telling reporters that he will support Gary Harris going to the NBA if he is projected as a lottery pick.
“He could surprise me like [Adreian Payne] did,” Izzo said, “but I think he can be a fairly solid pick.”
He’s currently projected as the No. 15 pick in the draft by Draft Express, which, ironically enough, would slot him right outside of the lottery.
Izzo said that Harris is “torn”, as he loves college and the bond that he has formed with his teammates. If Harris does return, it would be a huge boost for a Spartan team that could be facing a rebuilding year next season with Keith Appling and Adreian Payne graduating.
Harris averaged 16.7 points and 4.0 boards as a sophomore.
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 0
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)