Apr 2, 2014, 12:22 PM EDT
Monmouth lost four players on Wednesday as sophomore forward Tyrone O’Garro, sophomore guards Jalen Palm and Christian White, and freshman forward Marcelo Ruediger will all transfer. The news of the transfers comes from head coach King Rice telling the Asbury Park Press.
The biggest loss for Monmouth is O’Garro as the 6-foot-5 sophomore averaged 23.7 minutes per game while playing in all 32 Hawks games, including 20 starts. He averaged 4.0 points and 6.0 rebounds per game.
Palm and White both played much more in their freshman seasons last year as opposed to sophomore year where they both saw spot minutes. Ruediger didn’t get many minutes during his freshman season and was a member of an eight-man recruiting class that just didn’t get much of a chance.
Monmouth was two over on scholarships with a commitment from Austin Tilghman, a Pennsylvania-native point guard, this season and now they have two open scholarships in the spring signing period to work with.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)