Apr 2, 2014, 12:22 PM EDT
Monmouth lost four players on Wednesday as sophomore forward Tyrone O’Garro, sophomore guards Jalen Palm and Christian White, and freshman forward Marcelo Ruediger will all transfer. The news of the transfers comes from head coach King Rice telling the Asbury Park Press.
The biggest loss for Monmouth is O’Garro as the 6-foot-5 sophomore averaged 23.7 minutes per game while playing in all 32 Hawks games, including 20 starts. He averaged 4.0 points and 6.0 rebounds per game.
Palm and White both played much more in their freshman seasons last year as opposed to sophomore year where they both saw spot minutes. Ruediger didn’t get many minutes during his freshman season and was a member of an eight-man recruiting class that just didn’t get much of a chance.
Monmouth was two over on scholarships with a commitment from Austin Tilghman, a Pennsylvania-native point guard, this season and now they have two open scholarships in the spring signing period to work with.
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 3
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)