Apr 2, 2014, 5:12 PM EDT
A first-team All-SEC performer Brown averaged 19.9 points and 4.4 rebounds per game for the Tigers, leading the SEC in scoring while shooting 46.7% from the field and 41.0% from beyond the arc. Brown ranked seventh in the SEC in field goal percentage, with Alabama’s Trevor Releford (5th) and Ole Miss’ Jarvis Summers (6th) being the only guards ahead of him in that statistical category.
“This was a step I needed to take in order to make the most educated decision possible with regards to my NBA opportunities,” Brown said in a statement released by Missouri. “My time here at Mizzou has been incredible. This is a special place and a second home for me. However, I must approach this looking at the bigger picture. This is a decision that impacts my family as well and that is most important to me.”
Brown’s best individual performance this season came in an 84-79 loss to Kentucky on February 1, as he scored 33 points on 10-for-17 shooting from the field. Brown reached double figures in every game with the exception of one, as he scored eight points in the Tigers’ SEC tournament loss to Tennessee.
In 25 games as a sophomore after transferring in from Oregon, Brown averaged 13.7 points and 3.4 rebounds per game with 24 starts. He, Clarkson and Earnest Ross combined to score 51.4 points per game this season, with Missouri averaging 72.9 points per game as a team.
DraftExpress.com rates Brown as the 11th best junior and lists him as a second round pick in this summer’s NBA Draft.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 4
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)