Apr 2, 2014, 5:12 PM EDT
A first-team All-SEC performer Brown averaged 19.9 points and 4.4 rebounds per game for the Tigers, leading the SEC in scoring while shooting 46.7% from the field and 41.0% from beyond the arc. Brown ranked seventh in the SEC in field goal percentage, with Alabama’s Trevor Releford (5th) and Ole Miss’ Jarvis Summers (6th) being the only guards ahead of him in that statistical category.
“This was a step I needed to take in order to make the most educated decision possible with regards to my NBA opportunities,” Brown said in a statement released by Missouri. “My time here at Mizzou has been incredible. This is a special place and a second home for me. However, I must approach this looking at the bigger picture. This is a decision that impacts my family as well and that is most important to me.”
Brown’s best individual performance this season came in an 84-79 loss to Kentucky on February 1, as he scored 33 points on 10-for-17 shooting from the field. Brown reached double figures in every game with the exception of one, as he scored eight points in the Tigers’ SEC tournament loss to Tennessee.
In 25 games as a sophomore after transferring in from Oregon, Brown averaged 13.7 points and 3.4 rebounds per game with 24 starts. He, Clarkson and Earnest Ross combined to score 51.4 points per game this season, with Missouri averaging 72.9 points per game as a team.
DraftExpress.com rates Brown as the 11th best junior and lists him as a second round pick in this summer’s NBA Draft.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 0
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 3
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- Syracuse makes it official that Mike Hopkins will take over in 2018 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- Five-star guard to announce college choice Wednesday evening (5)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)