Apr 2, 2014, 5:12 PM EDT
A first-team All-SEC performer Brown averaged 19.9 points and 4.4 rebounds per game for the Tigers, leading the SEC in scoring while shooting 46.7% from the field and 41.0% from beyond the arc. Brown ranked seventh in the SEC in field goal percentage, with Alabama’s Trevor Releford (5th) and Ole Miss’ Jarvis Summers (6th) being the only guards ahead of him in that statistical category.
“This was a step I needed to take in order to make the most educated decision possible with regards to my NBA opportunities,” Brown said in a statement released by Missouri. “My time here at Mizzou has been incredible. This is a special place and a second home for me. However, I must approach this looking at the bigger picture. This is a decision that impacts my family as well and that is most important to me.”
Brown’s best individual performance this season came in an 84-79 loss to Kentucky on February 1, as he scored 33 points on 10-for-17 shooting from the field. Brown reached double figures in every game with the exception of one, as he scored eight points in the Tigers’ SEC tournament loss to Tennessee.
In 25 games as a sophomore after transferring in from Oregon, Brown averaged 13.7 points and 3.4 rebounds per game with 24 starts. He, Clarkson and Earnest Ross combined to score 51.4 points per game this season, with Missouri averaging 72.9 points per game as a team.
DraftExpress.com rates Brown as the 11th best junior and lists him as a second round pick in this summer’s NBA Draft.
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)