Apr 2, 2014, 9:41 AM EDT
Neither player was a significant contributor to last season’s Broncos team. The 6-foot-3 Hoerdemann only scored 95 points over three seasons with Western Michigan and will likely seek more playing time for his senior season.
Svete is coming off back-to-back ACL injuries and hasn’t played a basketball game at full speed in two years after redshirting this season. The 6-foot-5 freshman also missed his senior year of high school with injury and will seek a fresh start.
Western Michigan head coach Steve Hawkins confirmed the two players’ transfers to Drew.
“They’re great kids, tremendous kids,” Hawkins said to MLIVE. “I respect them for their decisions and we’ll do everything they can to help them. It’s all about playing time and them wanting to be on the floor and be competitors.”
Senior starter David Brown could petition the NCAA for a sixth season due to injury and freshman starter Tucker Haymond will also return for the Broncos. Sophomore Taylor Perry, freshman Jared Klein, and incoming guard Thomas Wilder will also be on the roster next season on the wing for Western Michigan.
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)