Apr 2, 2014, 9:41 AM EST
Neither player was a significant contributor to last season’s Broncos team. The 6-foot-3 Hoerdemann only scored 95 points over three seasons with Western Michigan and will likely seek more playing time for his senior season.
Svete is coming off back-to-back ACL injuries and hasn’t played a basketball game at full speed in two years after redshirting this season. The 6-foot-5 freshman also missed his senior year of high school with injury and will seek a fresh start.
Western Michigan head coach Steve Hawkins confirmed the two players’ transfers to Drew.
“They’re great kids, tremendous kids,” Hawkins said to MLIVE. “I respect them for their decisions and we’ll do everything they can to help them. It’s all about playing time and them wanting to be on the floor and be competitors.”
Senior starter David Brown could petition the NCAA for a sixth season due to injury and freshman starter Tucker Haymond will also return for the Broncos. Sophomore Taylor Perry, freshman Jared Klein, and incoming guard Thomas Wilder will also be on the roster next season on the wing for Western Michigan.
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 0
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 4
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)