Apr 3, 2014, 9:13 PM EDT
Kentucky enters the the Final Four as the lowest seed remaining. While the Wildcats are two wins away from the program’s ninth National Title — the second in three years under head coach John Calipari — Big Blue Nation has already secured a top spot this April.
On Thursday, Rupp Arena, named after Kentucky’s legendary coach, was called the best arena in college basketball, according to a complete list of all 351 Division I teams from StadiumJourney.com. Rounding out the list at No. 351 is Reitz Arena, home to Loyola (MD).
According to the site, constructing this list was a four-year process, using the following criteria:
Our reviews are based on several categories including: food & beverage in the arena, the overall atmosphere, the neighborhood in which the arena resides, the fans, the access (including traffic, parking, restrooms, and ability to move around in the arena), overall return on investment, and a catchall category for any extras.
The site’s top 10 went accordingly:
1. Rupp Arena, Kentucky
2. Carrier Dome, Syracuse
3. FedEx Forum, Memphis
4. CenturyLink Center, Creighton
5. Dee Glen Smith Spectrum, Utah State
6. Phog Allen Fieldhouse, Kansas
7. Crisler Center, Michigan
8. The Pit, New Mexico
9. Dean E. Smith Center, North Carolina
10. Frank Erwin Special Events Center, Texas
It’s hard to argue with the history and tradition of Rupp Arena and the University of Kentucky. The list is very interesting, though. G.B. Hodge Center, home to USC Upstate, which is an arena smaller than some high school gymnasiums, was high in the rankings No. 15. The home court for Rutgers, Penn State and DePaul fell in order at 335, 336, and 337 on the list. Those three arenas were the lowest on the list for power conferences.
Sep 14, 2014, 10:08 PM EDT
The Tabor Academy forward picked Fordham over offers from Duquesne, Quinnipiac and Saint Joseph’s.
Sep 14, 2014, 8:47 PM EDT
With Anthony Drmic and Derrick Marks both being seniors, this is an important addition for the Broncos.
Sep 14, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
The Roselle Catholic (New Jersey) product is expected pick from Rhode Island, Seton Hall and South Carolina.
Sep 14, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Playing with an all-star team this summer helped the Arkansas transfer shake off the rust accumulated during his season on the sidelines.
Sep 14, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
Before this season Johnathan Loyd hadn’t played football since high school, and on Saturday he scored his first college touchdown.
Sep 14, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Dunk City is using platelet-enriched plasma injections to help heal its athletes.
Sep 14, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
DePaul picked up its first 2015 pledge on Sunday.
Sep 14, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Houston picked up a commitment from a junior college forward.
Sep 14, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
Arizona added a four-star big man to its three five-star perimeter threats.
Sep 14, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Allen Iverson made a rare trip back to Georgetown’s campus and shared some cool moments with former coach John Thompson.
Sep 14, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
A three-star stretch forward is down to two Big Ten schools.
Sep 14, 2014, 9:05 AM EDT
A summer mixtape of 2015 point guard Jawun Evans.
Sep 13, 2014, 10:59 PM EDT
The 6-foot-10 power forward grew up a UConn fan, and his commitment came as no surprise.
Sep 13, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
After going through a difficult senior season at the high school level, Daniel Hamilton’s move to UConn has been a beneficial one thus far.
Sep 13, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
“I will miss him ’til the day I die.”
Sep 13, 2014, 6:33 PM EDT
Kansas State landed a commitment from a 6-foot-10 Texan on Saturday.
Sep 13, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Boston College has reeled in its third commitment in less than a week.
Sep 13, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Lots of high-level plays in this mixtape.
Sep 13, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
An Arizona State commit is in trouble for allegedly shoplifting some DVDs.
Sep 13, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Three more official visits on the docket for a top-ten, five-star 2015 big man.
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 2
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 2
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Born without a right hand, Omar Ndiaye looking for his chance 0
- Illinois starting point guard suffers season-ending knee injury 1
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Report: Providence legend Marvin ‘Bad News’ Barnes passes away (2)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)