Apr 3, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Missouri forward Zach Price was arrested early Thursday morning on suspicion of third-degree domestic assault and third-degree assault, according to the Columbia Tribune. He was suspended by the team.
“We are aware of the situation involving Zach Price and per department policy, he is suspended immediately,” according to a statement released by the school.
According to the Tribune, the incident that led to the arrest occurred after 1:00 a.m. After a dispute with a male roommate and a 23-year old woman, Price followed them and used his car to block them in.
The statement said that Price exited the vehicle and struck the male victim in the face with a closed fist. The other victim attempted to intervene and was pushed to the ground by Price.
One of the victims tried to spray Price with mace. Both victims were said to sustain minor injuries as a result of Price’s actions.
In the course of the disturbance, Price’s vehicle and the male victim’s vehicle collided.
Price is a 6-foot-10 transfer from Louisville. He averaged 1.3 points and 1.4 boards for the title-winning Cards, but he say out this past season due to NCAA transfer rules.
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)