Apr 3, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Missouri forward Zach Price was arrested early Thursday morning on suspicion of third-degree domestic assault and third-degree assault, according to the Columbia Tribune. He was suspended by the team.
“We are aware of the situation involving Zach Price and per department policy, he is suspended immediately,” according to a statement released by the school.
According to the Tribune, the incident that led to the arrest occurred after 1:00 a.m. After a dispute with a male roommate and a 23-year old woman, Price followed them and used his car to block them in.
The statement said that Price exited the vehicle and struck the male victim in the face with a closed fist. The other victim attempted to intervene and was pushed to the ground by Price.
One of the victims tried to spray Price with mace. Both victims were said to sustain minor injuries as a result of Price’s actions.
In the course of the disturbance, Price’s vehicle and the male victim’s vehicle collided.
Price is a 6-foot-10 transfer from Louisville. He averaged 1.3 points and 1.4 boards for the title-winning Cards, but he say out this past season due to NCAA transfer rules.
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 0
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)