Apr 3, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Missouri forward Zach Price was arrested early Thursday morning on suspicion of third-degree domestic assault and third-degree assault, according to the Columbia Tribune. He was suspended by the team.
“We are aware of the situation involving Zach Price and per department policy, he is suspended immediately,” according to a statement released by the school.
According to the Tribune, the incident that led to the arrest occurred after 1:00 a.m. After a dispute with a male roommate and a 23-year old woman, Price followed them and used his car to block them in.
The statement said that Price exited the vehicle and struck the male victim in the face with a closed fist. The other victim attempted to intervene and was pushed to the ground by Price.
One of the victims tried to spray Price with mace. Both victims were said to sustain minor injuries as a result of Price’s actions.
In the course of the disturbance, Price’s vehicle and the male victim’s vehicle collided.
Price is a 6-foot-10 transfer from Louisville. He averaged 1.3 points and 1.4 boards for the title-winning Cards, but he say out this past season due to NCAA transfer rules.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 0
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- NCAA rules committee proposes 30-second shot clock, fewer timeouts (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)