Apr 3, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Missouri forward Zach Price was arrested early Thursday morning on suspicion of third-degree domestic assault and third-degree assault, according to the Columbia Tribune. He was suspended by the team.
“We are aware of the situation involving Zach Price and per department policy, he is suspended immediately,” according to a statement released by the school.
According to the Tribune, the incident that led to the arrest occurred after 1:00 a.m. After a dispute with a male roommate and a 23-year old woman, Price followed them and used his car to block them in.
The statement said that Price exited the vehicle and struck the male victim in the face with a closed fist. The other victim attempted to intervene and was pushed to the ground by Price.
One of the victims tried to spray Price with mace. Both victims were said to sustain minor injuries as a result of Price’s actions.
In the course of the disturbance, Price’s vehicle and the male victim’s vehicle collided.
Price is a 6-foot-10 transfer from Louisville. He averaged 1.3 points and 1.4 boards for the title-winning Cards, but he say out this past season due to NCAA transfer rules.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)
- Blue Ribbon releases their Preseason First Team All-Americans (1)