Apr 3, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Missouri forward Zach Price was arrested early Thursday morning on suspicion of third-degree domestic assault and third-degree assault, according to the Columbia Tribune. He was suspended by the team.
“We are aware of the situation involving Zach Price and per department policy, he is suspended immediately,” according to a statement released by the school.
According to the Tribune, the incident that led to the arrest occurred after 1:00 a.m. After a dispute with a male roommate and a 23-year old woman, Price followed them and used his car to block them in.
The statement said that Price exited the vehicle and struck the male victim in the face with a closed fist. The other victim attempted to intervene and was pushed to the ground by Price.
One of the victims tried to spray Price with mace. Both victims were said to sustain minor injuries as a result of Price’s actions.
In the course of the disturbance, Price’s vehicle and the male victim’s vehicle collided.
Price is a 6-foot-10 transfer from Louisville. He averaged 1.3 points and 1.4 boards for the title-winning Cards, but he say out this past season due to NCAA transfer rules.
- Maryland point guard Melo Trimble to return for sophomore season 1
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)