Apr 3, 2014, 2:17 PM EDT
North Carolina junior forward James Michael McAdoo is entering the NBA Draft, the school announced on Thursday.
“I just feel I am ready to play at the next level and excited about that challenge,” McAdoo said in a statement. “I had chances to go after my freshman and sophomore years but was more excited about coming back to school then. Right now I am excited about fulfilling my dream to play in the NBA and do what I have to do to take that next step.”
McAdoo averaged 14.2 points and 6.8 boards, helping to lead North Carolina to a 24-10 record and the Round of 32. He had the chance to enter the NBA Draft after his freshman and sophomore seasons but returned to school.
He’s projected as a mid-second round pick, according to Draft Express.
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Dayton unveils new logo, court and basketball uniforms (2)