Apr 3, 2014, 2:35 PM EDT
St. John’s sophomore Chris Obekpa has received a release from the university, according to a report from Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv.
He is expected to transfer out of the program.
Obekpa averaged 3.8 points, 4.8 rebounds and 4.0 blocks this past season, but his minutes were reduced late in the season. He played just two minutes in a loss to Providence in the Big East tournament and 11 minutes in a loss to Robert Morris in the first round of the NIT.
With JaKarr Sampson heading off to the NBA and Max Hooper transferring out of the program, the Johnnies have just seven scholarship guys returning.
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)