Apr 3, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Utah head coach Larry Krystkowiak has agreed in principle to a five-year contract extension, according to a report from Tony Jones of the Salt Lake Tribune.
Krystkowiak had two years left on his original deal. He went 21-12 in 2013-2014 and reached the NIT, and the future should be brighter.
Star guard Delon Wright will return for his senior season, and Krystkowiak has landed an impressive recruiting class that ranks fourth in the Pac-12. He’s twice landed the best player in the state of Utah: Jordan Loveridge and Brekkot Chapman.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 9 Gonzaga Bulldogs 2
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)