Apr 3, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Utah head coach Larry Krystkowiak has agreed in principle to a five-year contract extension, according to a report from Tony Jones of the Salt Lake Tribune.
Krystkowiak had two years left on his original deal. He went 21-12 in 2013-2014 and reached the NIT, and the future should be brighter.
Star guard Delon Wright will return for his senior season, and Krystkowiak has landed an impressive recruiting class that ranks fourth in the Pac-12. He’s twice landed the best player in the state of Utah: Jordan Loveridge and Brekkot Chapman.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)