Apr 3, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Utah head coach Larry Krystkowiak has agreed in principle to a five-year contract extension, according to a report from Tony Jones of the Salt Lake Tribune.
Krystkowiak had two years left on his original deal. He went 21-12 in 2013-2014 and reached the NIT, and the future should be brighter.
Star guard Delon Wright will return for his senior season, and Krystkowiak has landed an impressive recruiting class that ranks fourth in the Pac-12. He’s twice landed the best player in the state of Utah: Jordan Loveridge and Brekkot Chapman.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)