Apr 4, 2014, 10:16 PM EDT
Arizona State has six incoming recruits for the 2014-15 season, a large recruiting class which underscores that the Pac-12 squad would probably have some turnover during the offseason, but it is debatable whether coach Herb Sendek thought the scholarships would free up on the same day. Richie Edwards will head to New Zealand to play professionally (Edwards had exhausted his eligibility), Bo Barnes announced he would transfer Friday morning, and Calaen Robinson will also leave the Pac-12 program after his inaugural season.
Other than those three Sun Devils, Sendek will also be without Jahii Carson, Jordan Bachynski, Jermaine Marshall, and potentially Shaquielle McKissic — the team is reportedly going to petition for an extra year for the wing.
There will be a plethora of fresh faces greeting Sendek and the coaching staff during fall practices, and the coaches are clearly not finished recruiting. Arizona State is one of a handful of teams competing to land Bryce Dejean-Jones as well as Willie Atwood, a juco big who is being pursued by squads who need frontcourt depth.
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- CBT Quotables Part IV: The Lawsons, Stephen Zimmerman, Malik Monk 1
- Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Rabb, Zimmerman go big, Chris Clarke goes hard, Lawson bros advance 0
- Nike Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Jayson Tatum, DeAndre Ayton and Briscoe vs. Trier 0
- Peach Jam Recruiting Notebook: Jamal Murray plays well, Tyler Davis has big day, Juwan Morgan likes two 0
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)