Apr 4, 2014, 10:16 PM EST
Arizona State has six incoming recruits for the 2014-15 season, a large recruiting class which underscores that the Pac-12 squad would probably have some turnover during the offseason, but it is debatable whether coach Herb Sendek thought the scholarships would free up on the same day. Richie Edwards will head to New Zealand to play professionally (Edwards had exhausted his eligibility), Bo Barnes announced he would transfer Friday morning, and Calaen Robinson will also leave the Pac-12 program after his inaugural season.
Other than those three Sun Devils, Sendek will also be without Jahii Carson, Jordan Bachynski, Jermaine Marshall, and potentially Shaquielle McKissic — the team is reportedly going to petition for an extra year for the wing.
There will be a plethora of fresh faces greeting Sendek and the coaching staff during fall practices, and the coaches are clearly not finished recruiting. Arizona State is one of a handful of teams competing to land Bryce Dejean-Jones as well as Willie Atwood, a juco big who is being pursued by squads who need frontcourt depth.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)