Apr 4, 2014, 10:16 PM EDT
Arizona State has six incoming recruits for the 2014-15 season, a large recruiting class which underscores that the Pac-12 squad would probably have some turnover during the offseason, but it is debatable whether coach Herb Sendek thought the scholarships would free up on the same day. Richie Edwards will head to New Zealand to play professionally (Edwards had exhausted his eligibility), Bo Barnes announced he would transfer Friday morning, and Calaen Robinson will also leave the Pac-12 program after his inaugural season.
Other than those three Sun Devils, Sendek will also be without Jahii Carson, Jordan Bachynski, Jermaine Marshall, and potentially Shaquielle McKissic — the team is reportedly going to petition for an extra year for the wing.
There will be a plethora of fresh faces greeting Sendek and the coaching staff during fall practices, and the coaches are clearly not finished recruiting. Arizona State is one of a handful of teams competing to land Bryce Dejean-Jones as well as Willie Atwood, a juco big who is being pursued by squads who need frontcourt depth.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 22
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (26)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)